Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:04 AM EDT
where can I get a SA M5 rifle?  doesnt have to be new....  must be ban-compliant however...

I know they are discontinued...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
GunBroker - look for Deerslayer
GunsAmerica - look for Broad Mountain Enterprises

Got mine from GunBroker and it is excellent in every way.  It functions perfectly using the Bulgy mags (clear, OD and Black) as well as the the Polish Beryl mags (clear and black).

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You need the "post" ban model, didn't Templar say that maybe DeGoff's had one???
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Got mine from GunBroker and it is excellent in every way.  It functions perfectly using the Bulgy mags (clear, OD and Black) as well as the the Polish Beryl mags (clear and black).

No luck on GunBroker, and I got lost on gunsamerica.....  have any direct links?  thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What color of furn are you wanting? I will check and see if Hortons has one for ya.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont care what color furn, that can be changed....black or green is fine with me.  

Used or new is fine also...my SAR3 was abused by the last used, never cleaned...the gas port has a ton of rust forming when I got it finally, ...now its in fantastic shape...shoots 1.5in groups at 50yards with wolf ammo and the pso i got on it
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where can I get a SA M5 rifle?  doesnt have to be new....  must be ban-compliant however...

Is that the Arsenal 5.56 version? If so....Akron NY gunshow, this weekend. My buddy Mike Hammond has one...but you might have to fight Gunwolf for it....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the Arsenal 5.56 version? If so....Akron NY gunshow, this weekend. My buddy Mike Hammond has one...but you might have to fight Gunwolf for it....

Akron is like a 3 hour drive from where I am....so thats not do-able.  What is he asking for the rifle?  Accepting any trades?  I really want a SA M5...

come on, do it for the poor college student!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No luck on GunBroker, and I got lost on gunsamerica.....  have any direct links?  thanks

WOW!  He is out.  However, GunsAmerica has one right now but he is asking $1100 for it.  If interested search for SAM-5.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
found one for $700..but they are sold out...so it doesnt matter anyhow...  

whats the going rate on these?  $700 MSRP or?

think anyone would sell one used?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Hortons has 39 of the banned versions, black furn, 5rd mag with optics rail. If you want one let me know, $630 + shipping gets er done.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
$630 sounds about the best price ive seen/heard of so far....

think itd be possible to get a used SA M5 or...people probally dont want to part with them?

$630s a lot to shell out for a stamped AK, especially ban compliant rifles.  Im sure its worth every penny though.

What do you think an excellent condition SAR-3 is with 4 basically new Weigers would go for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
$630 sounds about the best price ive seen/heard of so far....

think itd be possible to get a used SA M5 or...people probally dont want to part with them?

$630s a lot to shell out for a stamped AK, especially ban compliant rifles.  Im sure its worth every penny though.

What do you think an excellent condition SAR-3 is with 4 basically new Weigers would go for?

The SA-M5 is a milled rifle.

The banned versions are discontinued from Arsenal but Hortons still has 29 left in inventory.

www.arsenalinc.com/sam5sban.htm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
oooo...they are milled....im thinking about the 5.56 stamped rifles Arsenal is supposed to be coming out with....   do you know if they will have ban compliant models for those of us in restricted states such as CT, NJ and NY?  might only be 3 states but...theres a lot of us interested in these rifles.
thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
oooo...they are milled....im thinking about the 5.56 stamped rifles Arsenal is supposed to be coming out with....   do you know if they will have ban compliant models for those of us in restricted states such as CT, NJ and NY?  might only be 3 states but...theres a lot of us interested in these rifles.
thanks again.

Honestly, I have no idea on the new offerings from Arsenal. Your thinking of the SLR series, they are not avail in 5.56 yet.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks again.

Honestly, I have no idea on the new offerings from Arsenal. Your thinking of the SLR series, they are not avail in 5.56 yet.

but they are supposed to be having a 5.56 stamped ak coming out soon...thats what I heard at least...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
oh...well shoot...

ok thanks again Templar
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Akron is like a 3 hour drive from where I am....so thats not do-able.  What is he asking for the rifle?  Accepting any trades?  I really want a SA M5...

come on, do it for the poor college student!

I think he has either $549 or $599 on it...something like that. I know last weekend at another small show in Tonawanda, Gunwolf was drooling all over it, and said he would probably pick it up tomorrow in Akron....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The banned versions are discontinued from Arsenal but Hortons still has 29 left in inventory.

Are the no-ban versions still being produced?  Do you know if Hortons have any and what the price is?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are the no-ban versions still being produced?  Do you know if Hortons have any and what the price is?

theyy are sold out of no ban ones
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top