Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:19:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 4:20:48 AM EDT by DBAR]
Does anyone know where a good cheap AK47 kit can be found? I've ck'd the EE, but I though I'd get your opinions on what is a good price on a AK kit? I've seen the Romanians go for less than a bill. Does that get you a kit worth spending money on to have put together? I just don't want to get a kit, just to find out that it's going to shoot like shit after I get it put together. I'll more than likely have someone else put the thing together for me. I have a SAR1 now, so I wouldn't want anything less than that. My SAR1 is a great shooter, but I feel the "Dark Side" calling again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:27:18 AM EDT
I have bought a few kits recently from Scott at dpharms.com From what I've seen other people get, they are great looking kits. Some have said theirs appears unfired. For $109 it isn't a bad price at all. He's a great guy to deal with so saving $10 to go with an unknown dealer is a crapshoot. I should recieve my kits over the next fews days. I'll post some pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 7:02:29 AM EDT by DUTCHKMA]
Rommys are a good start, you get what you pay for though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT by rmdye]
bud if your still wanting a underfolder might thank about one of the yugo complete guns that century put togther on the DCI receiver. there very nice from what i have seen and priced right. just a idea.

my sportsman guide underfolder was in good shape after i cleaned it up.

i really would think on a yugo i want one but cant spend the cash now do to the Job.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:05:51 AM EDT
Centerfire is a new sponsor here and Lois and Pam are absolutely great to deal with. I would suggest that you check them out here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:33:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rmdye:
bud if your still wanting a underfolder might thank about one of the yugo complete guns that century put togther on the DCI receiver. there very nice from what i have seen and priced right. just a idea.

my sportsman guide underfolder was in good shape after i cleaned it up.

i really would think on a yugo i want one but cant spend the cash now do to the Job.

Ronald

Ronald,
How are the builds that Duke is putting out? I'm looking for a kit, and then I'm thinking I'm going to get with him on putting it together. Maybe? Haven't got it all ironed out. One thing at a time. First I need to get a a Kit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:36:53 PM EDT
Mike has all my kits. i know the got some reveivrs in, i also know there receiver they build are getting there and nice. they had one complete bulid at the shoot. its the nicest AK i have ever seen. there receiver buld is top notch and nicer imho than the last global i have seen and way above the ewbanks i have seen. i dont think there to the point there to mass producing though.

i know Mike said he was going buld some more stuff this weekend.

i think his stuff is the best i seen. i think they will get faster as they learn.

my thoughts of you want a nice buld, that looks good and functions. then i would say stick with them. i am. i know i will get my bulds as soon as they can, they also do custom stuff and i know it will run.

Ronald
Top Top