AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have also stopped visitng the AR side, they all act like elietist. Most of them are arm chair commandos.

I have learned a lot from the AR side .....Like for instance :when I go to the 100 yd range this weekend with my AK and wolf  ammo I should expect  to keyhole 5 foot groups Patterns ...haha

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been a member all that long, but I do read a lot.  I don't tend to post unless I can reasonably contribute to the thread.  I have an AR, and am building two AKs from unissued Romy kits now (as soon as I get to bend the flats, that is).  

I only know two people who are members, so I certainly don't have an axe to grind with anyone personally, but I hesitate to post ANYTHING in the AR side because there is a track record of "piling on" anyone who posts a question that is deemed unworthy.  I read threads and feel sorry for complete strangers who were just trying to get some info.  Soon the thread has turned into something completely different than what it started as, and the inquiring party has learned that:
1. there are lots of a-holes on the internet
2. any problems you have is because you didn't buy all the stuff I say is the best, including the picatinny-mount food processor with tactical lid.

Just my perception, but what good is an internet forum if the only people made to feel welcome are the people who already have all the answers?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi guys, I'm just a dick from the "other" side of the forums. Sorry if the AR shooters come off as know-it-all assholes, but at least we have one thing in common. We all love evil black rifles. I guess I'm a non typical AR owner in the sense that I have a Bushmaster AR and a Colt, I'm not a brand whore. I LOVE Wolf ammo, and I shoot it in every caliber I can find except for 308. I save my cheapo 30 Port suplus for that. I have an SKS and an AK that I enjoy shooting as much as the AR's. I've been spending more time over here because I'm ready to get ANOTHER AK. The only problem I'm having is deciding between building up a kit or purchasing a new factory AK with underfolder. I recently shot a 20 year old Yugo underfolder AK and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the stock was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes I really wonder about the AR side. I get an almost equal amount of B.S. & useful info there.

One week, there's a thread about the benefits of KNS anti-walk pins, the next week there's a 100% bash thread about them, probably by people who don't even understand the purpose KNS pins serve.

The other favorite is when anyone mentions Colt AR's, the first thing said is "Duh, they all have non-milspec FCG's." Then how come my blue label 9mm AR has a mil-spec FCG?

That's just two examples, I'm sure I could come up with more if I had to.

On the AK side, I don't feel like I'm reading B.S. half the time.

Scott

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
When you are being shot at, you do not sit there and think "Oh, it sure is GOOD he is shooting WOLF ammo! Everyone knows that stuff is SHIT!!"
Nor do you spend much time considering what KIND of gun is sending you a chance at death/dismemberment.

What would you rather be up against, an ARFCOM know it all on the internet Gomer Pyle with a tricked out AR and milspec ammo or Alvin York with WOLF ammo and an AK?

GR
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Regarding Wolf, I love it!  I don't know what people mean when they say it stinks though, I just smell cordite or whatever it is.  I like the AK side more myself, my only evil rifle is a VEPR.  I plan on getting an AR soon too but it will be supplementary to the VEPR.  

And as far as accuracy goes on Wolf, I'm no sniper but it seems plenty fine for me.  I like to shoot pop cans, milk jugs, bags of flour, and so on.  All "reactive targets".  Other than the fact that I need a sight adjustment, I'm all set with the AK.  Shooting groups to me is a test to see if your sights are dialed in properly, then you go back to the fun stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]

BTW in a SHTF situation Im gonna grab whatever is closest and whatever I can take with me. But like we are gonna have a SHTF situation like zombies/aliens/etc.. that all these people prep for.

I prefer a flamethrower myself
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or in Darkside speak:

Now that I own an AK I am a total Darkside Convert (TM).  Disciple to Sith Lords Templar and JOHNO and follower of the ways of our late, great messiah CAMPYBOB!

forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/graemlins/lightsabrefight.gif

I always wanted to be a Sith Lord.......

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/Pimpdaddydarkside.jpg

Templar, I execpt your Bio Line to say "AK Sith Lord" by the end of the day!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#9]
i keep trying to leave the ak side, and just learn as much about other things on the site as i have over here, because that would be a great thing to know, but every single section i run into i find the know-it-all asshole. time and time again. then i come back here, and no matter what is happening here- it doesn't compare.

thanks you commie lovers
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
It's like our guns are so EVIL  that we dont have to be..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#12]
cows with guns!

good f'n game.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's like our guns are so EVIL  that we dont have to be..

Don't be fooled by Jicky,he' an Evil Jeep driving,Grolsch drinking,AK shooting Guy.........................come to think of it...........so am I!No wonder I like it here
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I only know two people who are members, so I certainly don't have an axe to grind with anyone personally, but I hesitate to post ANYTHING in the AR side because there is a track record of "piling on" anyone who posts a question that is deemed unworthy.  I read threads and feel sorry for complete strangers who were just trying to get some info.  

+1

Not putting anyone down, just stating facts.  I don't think I've seen a thread here that was a pissing match, or 20 guys ganging up to slam some poor slob who asked a legit question.  I have seen that several times in the few threads I've read in the AR section.  I'm sure the AR boards are a wonderful place, but the dynamic on the AK threads is a lot more civil and friendly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#17]
RS39.......

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#18]
might it have something to do with the volume of traffic?  For example AR15 Discussion topics/replies 43,616/535,623 AK47 discussion topics/replies 19,076/186,143.  I mean if you have 3 times the volume you have 3 times the number of chances to piss someone off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The AK side is what the AR side was like between '98 en Y2K...friendly, helpfull, informative and FUN!!

I remember those days too (back before I signed up: I just read a lot)!

Brad
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
might it have something to do with the volume of traffic?  For example AR15 Discussion topics/replies 43,616/535,623 AK47 discussion topics/replies 19,076/186,143.  I mean if you have 3 times the volume you have 3 times the number of chances to piss someone off.

Exactly what I was trying to say in my post.... The %  number of post and traffic just multiplies the number of Fucktards you have chance to encounter. I ain't scared to go over there.  I just hang here the most. I collect them all. I don't discriminate........  , Wardawg
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now wait a minute, I can remember different groups complaining about the poor quality of Wolf!
Why does it have to be just AR guys?

This thread is directly related to responses from the AR side, not responses from the AK side.
Why does it have to be just AR guys? Ask them.

Ok I forgot to include a in my comment up there!
I am an AR guy! (Flame shield ON) And I try to have a sense of humor...
I got no problems here or there, I might have been misunderstood once or twice my self...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now wait a minute, I can remember different groups complaining about the poor quality of Wolf!

This thread is directly related to responses from the AR side, not responses from the AK side.

I am an AR guy! (Flame shield ON) And I try to have a sense of humor...
I got no problems here or there, I might have been misunderstood once or twice my self...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am an AR guy! (Flame shield ...ON) And I try to have a sense of humor...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Three round burst!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

3 times the volume means 3 times the volume. The whole volume. By that logic you should also have 3 times the helpful, polite and serious responses. That doesn't appear to be the case on the other side.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 times the volume means 3 times the volume. The whole volume. By that logic you should also have 3 times the helpful, polite and serious responses. That doesn't appear to be the case on the other side.

+1,there is no excuse for the way some of the Guys act over there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,there is no excuse for the way some of the Guys act over there.

I started out over there, until I found this side.

They seem to have a different approach and attitude towards their AR hobby, this side seemed a lot more laid back.

It was just too easy to get lost and confused by how many posts occur on that side everyday.  I tried to start an ARs in action around the world thread, and 2 people responded.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#28]
lol, f*ck the AR side!
Stay here and lets make shooting fun, not about who has the most expensive stuff!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#29]
In reference to my earlier post, I do have to make the point that the one time I posted for information that I needed, I got it.  But it was not opinion-based stuff; it was black and white facts I needed.  Everybody was cool... but I would never ask if everybody thought I had a good setup...Of course, now that I'm building my Romy G kit, the AR is gathering dust in the safe.  I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, but I love fabrication so I don' t get much thrill out of bolting stuff on my rifle.  To me the building is great fun.  I'm buying another kit next week.  My wife asked me last night, "So, am I still getting an AK for my birthday?".  Gotta love it.  I am gonna make her bend the flat and help with the assembly so she can honestly say she built it.  Not only for the sake of the .gov, but her male co-workers are always acting surprised that she shoots and rides dirt bikes.  They'll love this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top