Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:25:13 PM EDT
How hard is it to install a bulgarian krinkov style side folding stock on a new receiver? I was thinking of buying a kit and building it myself after I build the 2 romy kits I ordered and a yugo M92 kit.

Who can give me some advise??
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How hard is it to install a bulgarian krinkov style side folding stock on a new receiver? I was thinking of buying a kit and building it myself after I build the 2 romy kits I ordered and a yugo M92 kit.

Who can give me some advise??

Its the most complex of AK's to build. However it is not out of anyones reach. Ask questions and take your time. Measure twice and cut once.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there anywhere on the net that would have good instructions for this? What is involved in cutting the holes for the push button and locking mech.??
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is there anywhere on the net that would have good instructions for this? What is involved in cutting the holes for the push button and locking mech.??

Yep, there is a site but I can not remember the guys name. He has some very nice detailed images and lots of good info. Someone should post shortly the site I am talking about, for the life of me I can not remember....lol...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, there is a site but I can not remember the guys name. He has some very nice detailed images and lots of good info. Someone should post shortly the site I am talking about, for the life of me I can not remember....lol...

Jnewt,how many have you done 50-75?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jnewt,how many have you done 50-75?

sidefolders, prob around 40-50...lol... I dont have any detailed images to show him though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Bare minimum you need to install one is a dremel, cutoff wheels, small flat file, 1/4" or so round file, drill press, drill bits. rivet jig, press, metric measurment tools.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

might be Pookie you're talking about
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

might be Pookie you're talking about

Thats the one
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Pookie's +1

4"sidegrinder w/ cutoff wheel,cordless drill, bits, digital caliper,Craftsman jewelers file kit, and cleanroom tape or eq.
Print on pookie's site won't exactly work on an m92, trunnion differs and so latch needs to be lower and further back, you'll see
I'd post the pics of mine if I knew how
I put cleanroom tape on my reciever and drew the cut lines, holes, etc. on it to guide me
Used a buddy's mill for the front latch hole but then uglied it w/ a jewelers file trying to make it perfect
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top