Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:04:34 AM EDT
Seems every other thread is about it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:03:39 AM EDT
It seems to be the best deal going right now,I looked a some at a local shop last week.They recieved ten,he had them priced at 650.00 but offered me one for 579.00.I graciously passed,but the ones I saw looked good!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
probably the meanest looking, most notorious AK-47 series made. That has something to do with it. Still on the fence about these century builds. I do want a Yugo so bad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:43:35 AM EDT
I'll just sit on my kits while I watch you guys buy up all the new Century builds
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:48:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JOHNO:
It seems to be the best deal going right now,I looked a some at a local shop last week.They recieved ten,he had them priced at 650.00 but offered me one for 579.00.I graciously passed,but the ones I saw looked good!

John, I thought you have one (a yugo build).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:18:46 AM EDT
I do,I don't plan on getting one of the Century builds but I was curious about the bbl.They look good,but I have a Yugo underfolder build and soon I'll take my fixed stock kit and DCI reciever to Troy for a build.That'll cover me on Yugos and I'll go to the next thing on my list.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:06:56 AM EDT
It is hard to beat an underfolder + 1.6mm reciver + new unfired barrel for $400-500. Especially when they seem to shoot real good and work just fine. Best money I have spent on a gun since I got my Sistema Colt for $300 a few years ago!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT
Floppy underfolder buttstock, non-chrome barrell, useless grenade sight and night sights... Hmmm... I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 9:37:05 AM EDT by bryan666999]

Originally Posted By LoadAmmo:
Floppy underfolder buttstock, non-chrome barrell

First off, the stocks on these when I looked at them are very tight. The stock on my Yugo under folder is very tight and smooth, and I built it myself from a kit. Second off, non chrome barrels are more accurate than chrome barrels. Thats another reason why people are seein these to be more accurate than other AKs even from the kits they are building. Look at ARs, the barrels arent chromed. When they are chromed its not as perfect as the actual cutting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:30:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bryan666999:
Second off, non chrome barrels are more accurate than chrome barrels. Thats another reason why people are seein these to be more accurate than other AKs even from the kits they are building. Look at ARs, the barrels arent chromed. When they are chromed its not as perfect as the actual cutting.

That's not completely true.

Modern chrome lining is damn near perfect and accurate. The Dragunovs and PSLs are chrome lined, so what does that say.

Original M16s (once they started chrome-lining the barrels) were still very accurate. M4s are chromed, as well as M16A2 and beyond. Would you say they're not accurate?

Bushmaster chrome-lines their varminter rifles. They're also known for being match-winning accurate.

It's been proven to add years to a barrel's life, and is much easier to keep clean.

I doubt the Yugo's reason for not chroming their bores had to do with Accuracy. The accuracy of the Yugo's I've read and heard comes from them being solid well built rifles, as well as their SKS's, mausers and so forth. They have a history of well built accurate weapons.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:16:49 AM EDT

Floppy underfolder buttstock

Mine isn't.

non-chrome barrell

Guns have been built that way for hundreds of years.

useless grenade sight

I shoot rifle grenades with mine.

Hmmm... I'll pass.

People don't buy these to be mall ninjas. Mall ninjas can find a nice wasr, a top cover scope mount with a 16 power sniper scope, a tapco T6 stock and an 'I wish I was a galil' handguard, and a drum magazine, be hooked up.

If you want a yugo AK, there is nothing quite like them... except maybe an Iraqi AK... but until they bring in the Iraqi kits, a yugo will have to do.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:12:10 PM EDT
Ok, my bad on that part Mark. It just seems like whenever you check out match grade barrels for some guns most of them arent chrome lined. So my bad on that

And eodinert, what you said is basicly what I was tryin to say
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:11:05 PM EDT

Floppy underfolder buttstock, non-chrome barrell, useless grenade sight and night sights... Hmmm... I'll pass.

Good, leave more for us who are smart enough to know that $399 for an undefolder is a damn steal and will be a profitable investment in the future!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
I agree that underfolders are crappy stocks.. but they are correct for the AK.

You just have to love them because they are AKs... like those kids that only a parent could love.
Top Top