Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:33:38 PM EDT
This is the type for the Plastic type folding stocks. Can an AK74M/AKS74 trunnion be converted? Thanks McM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is the type for the Plastic type folding stocks. Can an AK74M/AKS74 trunnion be converted? Thanks McM

It can be used,  It will need to be drilled out, the pivot pin on the 100 series is bigger than on the triangle folder
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one and all the latch parts from Tantal.

www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

You will have to email him for a price list but he has just about everything you need.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else have one other than tantal? So i can drill the hinger to the larger size, thats good to know. Is there any other modifications to the trunnion block other than drilling the hole for the hinge pin which i believe is 5mm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone else have one other than tantal?

I bought mine from Rusmilitary awhile back. Just the trunnion block and hinge pin; I'm using the hardware from an AKS-74 triangle stock that I had on-hand.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
TCan an AK74M/AKS74 trunnion be converted?

Uh, the AK-74M trunnion should be the same as the 100 Series.  The AKS-74 trunnion for the triangle folder is slightly different, as noted previously.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top