Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:28:34 PM EDT
I have a Russian type 3 kit the kit was used by the PLO, after 25 years of fighting that finnish is in the stock very deep ........well I took all the finnish of with stripper but the stock is still dark.... any  tips on how to lighten the stock up so it can accept some new finnish.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure all the finish is off and boil some water, let the water cool slightly, add a healthy amount of bleach and let them soak for about 2-3 hours. Mine looked like pine after that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
old style oven off oven cleaner that has the lye
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Copy and paste this to get the real story on restoration.  Takes over an hour to read but well worth it.  Good luck.   http://gunscience.com/VARNISH/frame.htm?CONTENTS_ie.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Make sure all the finish is off and boil some water, let the water cool slightly, add a healthy amount of bleach and let them soak for about 2-3 hours. Mine looked like pine after that.

I have nothing to do for a few hours so I'll take the one that takes the longest I will report back in 2-3 hours
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top