Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:31:44 AM EDT
Just received my Century Yugo underfolder from local dealer that he ordered for me on the second go round. First impression, nice assembled piece. I only have a few complaints, Non-matching numbers on the bolt carrier and the top cover (how hard would it be to keep these two parts together?) A nasty drip stain of unknown on the finish near safety selector, it won't come off with anything I've tried. Lower handgaurd moves for and aft a bit, but liveable. Anyone else experience these same issues on their Century / Yugo. Otherwise I am very pleased.

ps: Mine did not come with 2 of the Yugo "lock open mags". Came with two nice Bulgy ones. Anyone have any Yugo mags for sale reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying to find one of these..

What did you pay?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#2]
longhorn, I originally ordered one thru dealer from SOG (Southern Ohio Gun) on the first round, but we were a day late, all gone. So we got on a waiting list. SOG told my FFL the first 1000 of these Yugo's went FAST. I got a good deal from my dealer and paid $450 plus tax for this one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Each of the 3 I examined had a "stain" in the finish somewhere (1 on the receiver; 2 on the forward edge of the receiver cover).  On the 2 receiver covers I saw, perhaps the parkerizing was done over a rust area on the receiver cover.  None had matching numbers.   One (the one I bought because it had the Zastava markings still present) has a little lower handguard fore and aft movement.  The leather strap on the bayonet had dry rotted into two pieces.  The bayonet frog was also dry, but useable after a soaking in leather conditioner.   I didn't unroll the sling yet...it will also need conditioning.  The night sights do not glow in the dark, but you can see the white dots in them in the daylight.  1 mag in my box was a Yugo bolt hold open, the other wasn't.  

Shot mine yesterday with a variety of ammo and mags.  No malfunctions in 160rds.  With Golden Tiger, I easily got 3" groups off a rest at 100yd.  Wolf gave 4" groups; ditto Silver Bear.  I liked it that all ammo shot to the same impact point.  The trigger was a 2 stage pull like I like...take up the slack then a bit more pull fires the rifle.  Some trigger slap, but I have felt worse.  1 Bulgarian waffle mag was a bit hard to insert.  I slugged my bore and found it to be .311" groove to groove.  While it appears to be a new barrel, it is not as smoothly finished inside as some other rifles.  I am still cleaning some copper residue from it this next day.  The folding stock loosened up a little from shooting after about 20 or so rds and then stopped getting any looser.  My front sight tool easily moved the front sight, even thought the entire front sight had went through the parkerizing process.  Now that I have put some oil on the metal and wiped off the excess, the metal appears smoother and darker...better looking to me.

While it may sound like I am real picky, I am pleased as can be with what I got for the price.  I know the dealer and she let me examine all 3 she got in and pick the one I wanted.  Other than the others didn't have the Zastava markings, it would have been a tossup between them.   $449 plus tax.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The handguards on mine were initially tight but loosened up a bit after a couple hundred rounds.  I refinished the handguards and then put a small bead of thin CA (superglue, basically) on the handguard where it meets the forend cap.  Reinstalled once the glue had set and bam, super tight handguard that won't loosen again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
longhorn, I originally ordered one thru dealer from SOG (Southern Ohio Gun) on the first round, but we were a day late, all gone. So we got on a waiting list. SOG told my FFL the first 1000 of these Yugo's went FAST. I got a good deal from my dealer and paid $450 plus tax for this one.

Thanks!

Maybe these will get more plentiful as this year progesses.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The only complaint I had with mine, and it wasn't bad, was there is some sand blast grit that needs to be cleaned out, but it shoots great, no problems at all. I have seen a couple and the wood is better on some than others, but overall they seem to be much better built than the Romanians that Century sells, I have one of those too.

Here's a link to the guy I bought mine from.

Yugo underfolder
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Who made the recievers on these??
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I wonder who makes the new barrels on these
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#9]
They are DCI recievers, I don't think anyone knows who makes the barrels.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Who made the recievers on these??

DC Industries for the CAI guns...

I'll concur in the handguards being loose.   The upper and lower handguards on mine now rattle like dentures without seabond after I put 200rds through the rifle.  

the folding stock is a bit loose, but nothing terrible and didn't result in any noticeable movement when firing.

Will also concur that it seems to keep the bullet impacts in the same place.  I need to get the sight adjustment tool to bring the POI up to the POA (about 1" to the left and 4" low at the moment)

All of my accessories were in near new condition except for the bayonet which looks as if it was dragged behind a T-62 tank for several decades.    

Otherwise I'm really happy with it.  Mine looks to be well put together, and the action is probably the easiest to rack of all the AK's I've gotten to play with (which, is limited to mostly SAR's and a few WASRs) and its fun to shoot.

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot the best part, its sure to drive liberals up the wall!  

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top