Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 9:27:32 PM EDT by Instante]
Centerfire has Yugo M70AB2 AK-47 7.62x39 Rifle With Underfolder Stock for $399.97

What do you guys think about it? I personally think it's a helluva buy! Ordered 1 already, will post pics and review after I get it.

Yugo here

edited to fix link.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:38:47 PM EDT
damn im thinking about picking one up for that price
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:45:58 PM EDT
Mines on the way next week. CFS sold 140 in two days better call first thing in the morning everyone else I found is 1 month+ backorder. C.A.I. way underestimated demand.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 2:34:10 PM EDT by Diogenes]
USE EXTREME CAUTION IN BUYING ANYTHING FROM CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS!!

Looks like Centerfire is skimming off some parts from these guns and still trying to sell the guns for the same price as honest vendors.

The Century Yugo AK underfolders come with two 30-round magazine (one Yugo, one Romie), a (Rumanian?) bayonet with sheath and frog, cleaning kit, oil botttle, magazine pouch, cleaning rod and sling. SOG, J&G, etc are selling these for $399.95 I know this for a fact because my store has bought three of them. Good guns so far.

BUT - the Century Yugo AK U/F that Centerfire is selling comes with "(1) 5RD Mag, Mag Pouch, Sling, Cleaning Kit, Cleaning Rod, Broken Shell Extractor, Blank Firing Adapter, and Oil Bottle." Same $399 price.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see whats going on here.

If these are the same Century Yugo AK underfolder guns (which I suspect they are since they are the ONLY Yugo AK's in that price range that are made with a NEW barrel) then Centerfire is skimming off the hi-cap magazines and the bayonet, scabbard and frog (total value about $50-$60 and replacing them with a 5-rd mag, shell extractor and BFA (total value about $15-$18), and trying to sell the package for the same price as SOG and J&G are selling the complete original unit.

Don't you just LOVE dealing with underhanded sneaky people like that?

Oh yeah, and Centerfire Systems sponsors (trans: pays off) most of the major AK sites on the web, so its a good bet that threads outing them will be nuked or locked. In case you're wondering why you didn't see this warning elsewhere. . .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 3:32:59 PM EDT by Instante]

Originally Posted By Diogenes:

Looks like Centerfire is skimming off some parts from these guns and still trying to sell the guns for the same price as honest vendors.

The Century Yugo AK underfolders come with two 30-round magazine (one Yugo, one Romie), a (Rumanian?) bayonet with sheath and frog, cleaning kit, oil botttle, magazine pouch, cleaning rod and sling. SOG, J&G, etc are selling these for $399.95 I know this for a fact because my store has bought three of them. Good guns so far.

BUT - the Century Yugo AK U/F that Centerfire is selling comes with "(1) 5RD Mag, Mag Pouch, Sling, Cleaning Kit, Cleaning Rod, Broken Shell Extractor, Blank Firing Adapter, and Oil Bottle." Same $399 price.

If these are the same Century Yugo AK underfolder guns (which I suspect they are since they are the ONLY Yugo AK's in that price range that are made with a NEW barrel) then Centerfire is skimming off the hi-cap magazines and the bayonet, scabbard and frog (total value about $50-$60 and replacing them with a 5-rd mag, shell extractor and BFA (total value about $15-$18), and trying to sell the package for the same price as SOG and J&G are selling the complete original unit.

Oh yeah, and Centerfire Systems sponsors (trans: pays off) most of the major AK sites on the web, so its a good bet that threads outing them will be nuked or locked. In case you're wondering why you didn't see this warning elsewhere. . .

You might be right about what you said but I talked to Pam today and for $399.99 I get EVERYTHING including the mags and bayo. I ordered 2 of them. She said it will ship out nexte week when the next order comes in. (they sold out of the first batch.)

Pam said if you order form the website, $399.99 but no 30rnd mags and no bayo. Call them to order it and you get the whole package.

Contact Pam:
Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
lois@centerfiresystems.com
800-915-3346

What is the website for SOG and J&G you mentioned? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:43:10 PM EDT
Got mine today from CFS and it looks great, matching park all over and wood looks great. I can't tell if the barrel is US or Yugo,
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:35:11 PM EDT
sweet! can you post some pictures? Did you get all the accessories and 2 mags?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:26:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Instante:

I would love to and U would think I'd know how after all these years on the computer and I even have a Digi camera. Trust me it looks great and the park is even and it has the Zastava markings on mine still. Came w/ 2 30rd mags,sling, oil bottle, bayonet. Wood looks perfect also. $399.00 + ship
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:33:29 PM EDT
mine came from centerfire and with all extras.2-30rd mags,sling,magpouch,cleaning kit,bayonet with frog.works 100%
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 8:53:53 PM EDT by Instante]

I would love to and U would think I'd know how after all these years on the computer and I even have a Digi camera. Trust me it looks great and the park is even and it has the Zastava markings on mine still. Came w/ 2 30rd mags,sling, oil bottle, bayonet. Wood looks perfect also. $399.00 + ship

email me the pics and I will post them for ya!

instante@msn.com
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/18/2006 6:48:06 AM EDT by MrKrink]

edit......... I got in 2 Yugos last week and they had 2 - 30rd mags and everything they were supposed to. Don't know where you got that info but it is wrong according to what I got! Got in 2 more from SOG and they were exactly the same also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:39:06 PM EDT
Dear MrKrink,

Since you
1) OBVIOUSLY did not bother to look at Centerifre's web site ad on the subject

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=AKAGUNUF&Category_Code=AKGUN

and
2) OBVIOUSLY did not bother even to fully read this thread before you posted

Instante posted above:
"Pam said if you order form the website, $399.99 but no 30rnd mags and no bayo. Call them to order it and you get the whole package."

then
3) You really should sit down and be quiet until your thought process catches up to your mouth. It may take a while.

Cordially,
Diogenes
(still looking)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:39:57 PM EDT

Dear MrKrink,

then
3) You really should sit down and be quiet until your thought process catches up to your mouth. It may take a while.

Cordially,
Diogenes
(still looking)

that is pretty messed up, a newbie with only 20 posts saying the above statement to a MEMBER with over 1,100 posts

stupid rookies, that is not a very good way to make friends here Diogenes

just my .02

camaro
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:13:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:39:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By camaro128:

Dear MrKrink,

then

Cordially,
Diogenes
(still looking)

that is pretty messed up, a newbie with only 20 posts saying the above statement to a MEMBER with over 1,100 posts

stupid rookies, that is not a very good way to make friends here Diogenes

just my .02

camaro

Oh...so, the number of times you post makes you smarter? So, this post made me a littler smarter! Oh yea, I'm a member, so, I must be smarter yet! I have been on this board almost everyday for the last five or six years. I try to avoid these stupid little tit for tat posts and keep things relevant, but this one takes the cake!

Also, if you have to call to get all the parts, he may be right, but what do I know...I just have a couple of hundred posts!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:26:33 AM EDT

You might be right about what you said but I talked to Pam today and for $399.99 I get EVERYTHING including the mags and bayo. I ordered 2 of them. She said it will ship out nexte week when the next order comes in. (they sold out of the first batch.)

Pam said if you order form the website, $399.99 but no 30rnd mags and no bayo. Call them to order it and you get the whole package.

Contact Pam:
Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
lois@centerfiresystems.com
800-915-3346

What is the website for SOG and J&G you mentioned? Thanks!

impactguns.com does the same thing. they're doing it right now with LMT lowers. replacing the battlegrip with a regular one and selling it at the same price plus selling the battlegrips separately to make a profit. They tried doing this with the px4 when it came out, it originally came with 3 mags, and they'd take 1 mag away and sell it with two mags then sell the extra mag separately. Beretta had decided to sell it with 3 mags instead of the standard 2 since they knew police officers would be interested in a 3rd mag anyhow. Impactguns took advantage of people being used to only 2 mags with the pistols and swiped the 3rd. So if this is a "Caution: dont trust so-and-so" list, well add impactguns to it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:47:06 AM EDT

Dear MrKrink,

Since you
1) OBVIOUSLY did not bother to look at Centerifre's web site ad on the subject

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=AKAGUNUF&Category_Code=AKGUN

and
2) OBVIOUSLY did not bother even to fully read this thread before you posted

Instante posted above:
"Pam said if you order form the website, $399.99 but no 30rnd mags and no bayo. Call them to order it and you get the whole package."

then

Cordially,
Diogenes
(still looking)

1. NO I did not look at their website, THEY call me with their deals.

2.You stated.......

Your post makes a mater-of-fact statement that what Centerfire is selling has 5rd mags, not complete truth.

3. read post completely, am sitting down, and no I will not be quiet. That is why this is a "DISCUSSION" !

4. END OF DISCUSSION.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:53:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:42:24 PM EDT
i bought one at a local gun store here in town because i didn't feel like waiting till the end of febuary to get one--- which is what centerfire told me. ended up paying 500 even for it.

i love mine, century has finally done quality work.

the lettering appears to actually be stamped on the reciever. now it doesn't look like some drunk 12 year old kid went to work with an engraver. quality workmanship, quality parts kit. i believe the barrel to be made in the us as well, which means you can legally install any pistol grip from any country.

the pistol grip looks like dog shit, but feels ok.

much better than any sar i have ever seen.

pics to follow...........
i think i am going to sell my wasr with the metal side folder because i like this one so much more.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:10:49 PM EDT
M70 Underfolders are sweet!

Just like the Tabuk's in Iraq.

sigh
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:37:00 PM EDT

that is pretty messed up, a newbie with only 20 posts saying the above statement to a MEMBER with over 1,100 posts stupid rookies, that is not a very good way to make friends here Diogenes

just my .02

camaro

Since my Team Member post count is higher than your non-team member post count , you will of course agree with me when I say your post is simply retarded.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:

that is pretty messed up, a newbie with only 20 posts saying the above statement to a MEMBER with over 1,100 posts stupid rookies, that is not a very good way to make friends here Diogenes

just my .02

camaro

Since my Team Member post count is higher than your non-team member post count , you will of course agree with me when I say your post is simply retarded.

oh...but of course......lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:27:19 PM EDT
mama tould me life's like a box of chocolate's

got mine today and it is perfect it came frome ceinterfire and it had everything with it

SO PLAYE NICE
Top Top