Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:23:35 PM EDT
So I have been thinking about purchasing a Chicom chest rig since I don't have an easy way to carry mags around.  Money is too tight for an Eagle AK rig or something fancier.  I figured I might luck out at the gunshow today and find something...

Halfway down the first row there was a guy selling some kind of woodland camo chest rig.  I looked a little closer and it was a rig for AK mags (and/or AR mags)  Woodland camo, 4 mag pouches plus a short strip of ALICE web on either side, and EAGLE INDUSTIRES tag on it ("model CP-AK47-C") along with "Official Cordura" tag too.

"How much you want?"  I ask

"Twenty Bucks."

"SOLD!"  

This is the third tiime I have taken my G/F to the gunshow with me, and the thrid time I have found a ridiculously good deal on something.  Last time I scored a used 7.5" AR barrel fro $25.  The time before I found good quality Indian blankets for $9 and all the E German militaria that was on my list!  She is a gunlovers good luck charm, I swear!

[ETA]  I should mention when I asked about it (not recoginizing the design) the guy seemed to  think it was some short production run or one-off item.  It looks like the 4 mag AR cehst rig, but with slightly larger pouches and with short ALICE webbing instead of the pistol pouches.  It also has a 2" wide waist strap, which corrects what I find to be a design flaw on the typical carrier.  It was as though God himself took down the specs from my noggin and made it real!  Can you tell how excited I am about this find? I'll post pics later when i get a chance...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could go to the gunshow....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a screaming deal.  Congrats....Isn't your GF the one who helps you w/your EG gear research?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's a screaming deal.  Congrats....Isn't your GF the one who helps you w/your EG gear research?

Why yes it is! This is also the girl who made me dig out all my load bearing gear and explain the use of each to her.  Awesome, awesome girlfriend to have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have talked him down
I need to learn how to read better  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You should have talked him down
I need to learn how to read better  

LOL, I don't think he was coming down on an Eagle chest rig below $20.  

If it had been a Chicom rig I would have talked him down to $15 or walked- that was what you thought it originally said, right?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This is also the girl who made me dig out all my load bearing gear and explain the use of each to her.  

That is because she is really a Under Cover BATFE agent.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
nice score.  

all i got at the gunshow today was several near strokes from looking at the prices.  the joeken guys had a table too, they even had a banner admitting to their name.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for you...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Near stroke from looking at prices..... You aint kididn. Good score on the vest.
I sold a Ar pistol of mine I had 438$$ in for 650 and then I went and got some parts. Then I got out. Before I saw another Broke down gundealer with used up sh&t askin full price new for his preban glock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Dawg-How about a pic of the rig?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]

I had a Bianchi M12 holster on the left side (when worn) but removed for the pic so you could see the ALICE webbing.  The M16 mag pouch is being used as a poor man's General Purpose pouch, until I find something better.  Note how wide the waist belt is- 2", just like a Hellcat, not the typical 1" waistbelt you find on an Eagle rig.  Definitely appears to be a custom or semi-custom design.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Very Nice.  Thanks for the Pic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey man, I'll give ya $5 profit on that chest rig!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to get a chest rig like that but with two more mag pockets on it inplace of the ALICE loops. I've been looking around for chest rigs that can hold AK-47 mags, and most seem to be able to fit 3 mags in each pocket, which seems like too big of a pocket. I personally think 6 one mag pockets would be the best config, since the rig would have a lower profile and would probably be a little more comfortable if in a prone position.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'd love to get a chest rig like that but with two more mag pockets on it inplace of the ALICE loops. I've been looking around for chest rigs that can hold AK-47 mags, and most seem to be able to fit 3 mags in each pocket, which seems like too big of a pocket. I personally think 6 one mag pockets would be the best config, since the rig would have a lower profile and would probably be a little more comfortable if in a prone position.

I do not think it would be too difficult to atach two sinlge pouch mags to the vest, although the would have to be ALICE compatible instead of Molle.  But A molle pouch might even work with the webbing (don't have one to try).
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweet score!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Four words I've NEVER said leaving a gun show...Great score at gunshow...

But glad to see someone sticking it to em...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]
You should keep an eye out Alice AK mag Pouches to clip on there.
What show did you go to?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Personally, I would use the two attach points for canteens.

LOL, no way!  That is what a Camelback is for!

Drobs,  I scored it aat Kane County of all places...king show of crap gun pricing!  But I have often had good luck finding treasure gear and mags among the trash.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Four words I've NEVER said leaving a gun show...Great score at gunshow...

But glad to see someone sticking it to em...

You would have said that after I bought my 100 rd chicom drum for 125! Or my M1 springfield garand for 425! Or my Saiga AK103 clone for 425 too!

But those are exceptions rather than the rule. Most of the time guns shows rape over those who don't know what something cost.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top