Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:41:13 PM EDT
Just got mine in, these are the slotted rare Bulgarian 24mm flash hiders available on 47.net.

http://www.veriforcetactical.com/gun_accessories/AK47/PRE-BAN%20MUZZLE%20BRAKES/17/

Here's the link. They run about $50.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
They look like a copy of the Bulgarian flash hider to me. Notice they have one that fits standard 14mm AK threads. The true Bulgarian flash hiders are for the 24mm thread only and the are painted not blued. There are also other small differences that are noticable side by side but those are the only show in town for that look. Those look kinda Chinese?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They look like a copy of the Bulgarian flash hider to me. Notice they have one that fits standard 14mm AK threads. The true Bulgarian flash hiders are for the 24mm thread only and the are painted not blued. There are also other small differences that are noticable side by side but those are the only show in town for that look. Those look kinda Chinese?

+1 ...
The one I got has machining marks and burrs in the slots that my original didn't have and it's blued, the 14x1 is just an adaptor so no big deal there. I believe these are a knockoff but they are a pretty good knockoff but they should be about $20 less because they are a knockoff ...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Im with jnewt on this one. They look well made, but not Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I believe these are a knockoff but they are a pretty good knockoff but they should be about $20 less because they are a knockoff ...

I think the price is right, seeing how they are the only deal in country right now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think the price is right, seeing how they are the only deal in country right now.

I just don't think a copy should cost more than an original, even if they are the only ones available. That's kinda like saying that when K-Var gets theirs back in they should run $75 because they're original ...

P.S. This isn't a shot at Veriforce, they are great guys to deal with ...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The cut-outs on mine had burrs and looked like they used a magic marker in the slots.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one on my SA M-7 R. It essentially turns it into a SA M-7 A1 R. It's nice, but it did have a large burr in one of the slots, which I quite easily removed with an X-acto knife. It is blued, and it came with the adapter. Surprisingly, it's tighter than the muzzle brake on my '74 despite the fact that it's threaded to an adapter and then threaded to the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe these are a knockoff but they are a pretty good knockoff but they should be about $20 less because they are a knockoff ...

Maybe, but a lot of people bought them because they thought they were bulgarian. I bought one, and bulgarian or not, its great, but resale value just took a big hit if they arent real. I was thinking about getting another one, but if they arent the real thing then they are not worth $50 to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Everything Veriforce sells is Chinese crap.... Except that flash hider.
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I feel better now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Well mine worked well but was loose on the threads till I sanded it down in the rear for an extra turn. Yah they are blued- sure sign of being knockoffs, but easily blasted and painted.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I just like the fact that veriforce "doesn't know where they come from".  That's a sure sign of a problem....who in the world orders bulk parts for resale and doesn't know where they originate from, especially when the possibility of it being a US part is a bonus for the reseller:)  My guess is they're Asian knock-offs.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE:

My brother just got his FH and we put it on today. It is looks to be "exactly" like my other Bulgarian FH and is "perfect". I'm still bummed that the one I got has crappy machining ...

Just figured I'd let ya'll know that these may indeed be the real thing ...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
"They look like a copy of the Bulgarian flash hider to me"

Nope - the real deal.  How can I tell?  Well, it's got a LOT to do with Bulgarian paint...

These FHs will only strip with paint remover, and are parked underneath.  Cheap PRC paint comes off with acetone (oddly, so does Tantal paint).  Hungarian? - LAUGHS at paint remover.

So far, the finish on these mimics true Bulgarian paint to the tee... same rate of removal, same sub-finish, same quality of sub-finish.  If these are not Bulgarian?  Someone spent a lot of time & effort making a dead-ass copy...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#14]
screw it why not
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"They look like a copy of the Bulgarian flash hider to me"

Nope - the real deal.  How can I tell?  Well, it's got a LOT to do with Bulgarian paint...

These FHs will only strip with paint remover, and are parked underneath.  Cheap PRC paint comes off with acetone (oddly, so does Tantal paint).  Hungarian? - LAUGHS at paint remover.

So far, the finish on these mimics true Bulgarian paint to the tee... same rate of removal, same sub-finish, same quality of sub-finish.  If these are not Bulgarian?  Someone spent a lot of time & effort making a dead-ass copy...

Mine was not painted, maybe a parked finish only except in the slots which appear to be touched up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top