Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:09:11 AM EDT
Does anyone know what happened to the "problems with Ohio Rapidfire" thread, or am I just too stupid to find it again?

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 10:12:01 AM EDT by JOHNO]
It was moved to the "Feedback"Forum ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=320747
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:12:06 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=320747
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:12:41 AM EDT
damn too slow
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:46:39 AM EDT
I'm just wondering why the ORF thread was moved to the Equipment Exchange feedback only forum...

I just spent 15 minutes trying to find it over there and was only able to get there by following the link in this thread.

How is it found otherwise? Perhaps I'm just too stupid to find it...

It seems to me that it has effectively been buried from sight. Why? Or is there an easier, more direct way to it that would be obvious to most users of the site that I'm just too stupid to know about?

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:37:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:29:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 11:33:05 AM EDT by krinkfreak]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:14:51 PM EDT
Thanks.

I guess what you're really saying is that I'm too stupid to find it...

Damn, I hate it when that's the reason...

Thanks for being so gentle...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:21:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:39:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krinkfreak:
Now I get it.....you just wanted to stir the pot.

Well, one of the pitfalls of checking from a dialup connection is that you sometimes respond before everything that's there has loaded...

My response immediately above is one of those cases, since I didn't see this more recent post before responding to the earlier one when just checking this thread...

Stirring the pot, eh?

I'm not sure that is what I would call it...

I guess what I'd really like to know is why the other players in the "Blame Akron Armory/Bob Williams" thread, players who (at least as I've been able to try and figure things out) were largely responsible for the problems that jeepcreep pursued in terms of seeking resolutions, have never been willing to admit their responsibility and help to fix things.

Todd/ORF is one of those players.

When someone started a thread here about problems with ORF, it appears to have been treated differently than the original Akron Armory one. I'm just wondering why it appears to have been treated differently. Perhaps it really is a very diffferent situation, and it really is that it only appears that it was treated differently. I don't have enough information available to judge (and, unfortunately in life, often we never have enough information to decide for sure and sometimes just have to let things go).

Perhaps it would have been better if I had "let it go," and not posted (on AKFILES.COM) what you quote above.

I'm just trying to understand what has happened/is happening here. I, personally, wouldn't have defined that as "stirring the pot."

And I have no comments to add to the ORF thread. I was just checking, after a long time of not checking it out, what had transpired lately. Nothing, it looks like, perhaps partly because of where the thread has ended up... Or, perhaps no one else has anything to add...

Anyway, that's what I think, for what it's worth...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:49:36 PM EDT

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Post on AK Files

ftierson

Well, over two months have gone by since the last post and it remains quiet...

Over two months have gone by during which a couple of the other players in all this could have bellied up to the bar, admitted their part in all that Bob was blamed for, and arranged to help solve the problems that they, at the very least, helped to create...

But they haven't...

My future buying patterns will be adjusted accordingly...

Also, I notice that, while the AR15.com thread that bashed Bob was kept alive and clearly visible in a much visited forum for an extended period of time, the much more recent thread about more serious problems that people are having with Todd and ORF was quickly removed from the AK47 forum and "buried" in the equipment exchange forum over at AR15.com...

All this certainly sounds like some uneven and unequal treatment to me. It certainly makes me wonder about what kind of agendas are being pursued...

But perhaps I just don't understand what's going on...

Forrest

------------------------------------------------------------------

All I can say about the situation you are referring to above, is the fact there were a group of individuals from AR15.COM that had outstanding purchase issues with Bob. The thread was/is in the EE Forum (where it originated) and kept there until all issues regarding AR15.COM members were resolved. At the point of all issues being resolved, the thread was untacked and allowed to drop on the Feedback Forum. It's still there if you want to review it:

Akron Armory

I don't really see the point of dragging it back up at this point in time. It was stated in the thread:

"There are customer issues from AR15.COM members that need to be resolved before the owners of this board will even entertain a request for a dealer account from Akron Armory. Jeepcreep has requested any members with outstanding orders contact him via email so those orders can be addressed with Akron Armory."

It was also stated:

"Nobody is trying to push Akron Armory off this website, except Akron Armory themselves. They were directed to contact the owners of this board and establish a dealer account. They did not do it. Pretty much the same way they did not handle some of the customers issues that you have seen in this thread as well as the other thread in the AK forum. Jeepcreep has been working with Akron Armory to try and get these issues resolved and apparently has become fed up with the type of responses coming from Akron Armory. It appears that Akron Armory has been expending quite a bit of energy on developing the "Fal-a-que" Group Buy on Fal Files. It would be great if some of that energy were to go towards satisfying present customers here on AR15.COM. It would also help his case when he approaches the Avilas for a dealer account (if he even does).

To my knowledge, all issues have been resolved, and Bob is free to approach the owners of AR15.COM to request a dealership account. I'm not aware of any effort on his part to do so as of this date.

I searched for the other thread and found it: AR15.COM Members / Akron Armory

The last thing I read in that thread was:

"As far as I know Bob has still not squared things up with GreenTimber, this was as of mid week. The others involved in the "mis understanding" have been compensated in some manner. As far as Bob coming back, to my knowledge he has not contacted the owner's of the site to pay any back dealer fees, or inquire about being a dealer here in the future.

I have no idea if the Green Timber issue is still alive, or not.

I hope this finally puts the issue to rest with Akron Armory. He can contact Ed Avila Sr. if he desires to be a dealer on AR15.COM

As far as the Ohio Rapid Fire thread you are referring to, in which he sold M-92s to the members of AR15.COM. The thread for M92s was in the EE Forum the whole time. It stayed alive on its own merit until the M92s were finally delivered. Periodic and frequent prods to Ohio Rapid Fire finally led to the delivery of the M92s to everyone that remained in the "May Madness Sale" started by Bob when he was working for Ohio Rapid Fire. The M92s were extremely late due to numerous delays. Ohio Rapid Fire acknowledged this problem and gave refunds, discounts, etc. to compensate buyers for the delays. The subsequent thread titled "Ohio Rapid Fire=Poor Quality" was a feedback thread and remained in the general discussion area until TGrove responded. Once he responded, it was moved to the EE Feedback Forum where it could continue to receive attention.

If your motive was to continue the "pile-on" then the necessary links are above. Hit it.

If you just wanted your question answered, I hope the information above cleared everything up.

KF

By the way, KF, especially after reading down through your response here more carefully a second or third time, I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into the "answer."

Thanks

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:46:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:31:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ftierson:

Well, one of the pitfalls of checking from a dialup connection is that you sometimes respond before everything that's there has loaded...

My response immediately above is one of those cases, since I didn't see this more recent post before responding to the earlier one when just checking this thread...

Stirring the pot, eh?

I'm not sure that is what I would call it...

I guess what I'd really like to know is why the other players in the "Blame Akron Armory/Bob Williams" thread, players who (at least as I've been able to try and figure things out) were largely responsible for the problems that jeepcreep pursued in terms of seeking resolutions, have never been willing to admit their responsibility and help to fix things.

Todd/ORF is one of those players.

When someone started a thread here about problems with ORF, it appears to have been treated differently than the original Akron Armory one. I'm just wondering why it appears to have been treated differently. Perhaps it really is a very diffferent situation, and it really is that it only appears that it was treated differently. I don't have enough information available to judge (and, unfortunately in life, often we never have enough information to decide for sure and sometimes just have to let things go).

Perhaps it would have been better if I had "let it go," and not posted (on AKFILES.COM) what you quote above.

I'm just trying to understand what has happened/is happening here. I, personally, wouldn't have defined that as "stirring the pot."

And I have no comments to add to the ORF thread. I was just checking, after a long time of not checking it out, what had transpired lately. Nothing, it looks like, perhaps partly because of where the thread has ended up... Or, perhaps no one else has anything to add...

Anyway, that's what I think, for what it's worth...

Forrest

Did you say anything here?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:34:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DUTCHKMA:
Did you say anything here?

Thanks for asking...

I thought that I did...

Forrest
Top Top