Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:59:35 PM EDT
I thought maybe someone would be interested in these !!!
Unissued rigs from nam era .

14.95 + shipping At centerfiresytems.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet. ordered today. thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the headsup!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Supply on the Chinese Chest Pouches is sporadic,I tend to buy several when they are avaliable at this price,it won't last long.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet the musty canvas/"dead guy" smell comes as an extra for free!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, thanks for the heads up!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I was gonna order one untill we got to the part where the shipping charges were added....$9.99 to ship a canvass item that cost $14.99........Im not a tight ass but hey..thats just to damn much for shipping. Ive shipped crap all over the world...here in the states no more than $5.00 to ship that item...i just had one that was identical shipped and it was $5.50.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#10]
OldTroop,don't just order one,order several!They make great trade goods later when the supply gets short.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OldTroop,don't just order one,order several!They make great trade goods later when the supply gets short.

I can only afford one at this time so thats out. maybe I'll run into one at one of the local shows.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]
This is gonna go great with my black pajamas, safari hat, and bamboo sandles!

Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.nchsinc.com/shop/images/vietnam/vc.jpg

And my Chicom SKS
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Ya!  I’m not paying $9.00 shipping for a piece of cotton.  No Way!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ya!  I’m not paying $9.00 shipping for a piece of cotton.  Not Way!

Good excuse to add something heavy to your order.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya!  I’m not paying $9.00 shipping for a piece of cotton.  Not Way!

Good excuse to add something heavy to your order.  

Like on of those little Vietnamese dudes, up there?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Crap guys. leave at least two of them in stock until Monday, I don't get paid until then!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#19]
The chest rigs only hold one 30 round magazine in each compartment? I thought you could fill two of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

These are not used !!!

They told me they have 900 hundred rigs !!!
And to think wife told me, I can't buy one, oh well like tim said,  they won't fit a wookie !!!
I'm in that fam ....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The chest rigs only hold one 30 round magazine in each compartment? I thought you could fill two of them.

There are various models of them, some hold two per pouch, some only hold one.  There are also same rare ones that have four single mag pouches on the front.\

Sweet, they are new.  I might just pick one or two up if i can seel my used AK mags today or tomorrow on the EE (hint, hint )
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These are not used !!!

They told me they have 900 hundred rigs !!!
And to think wife told me, I can't buy one, oh well like tim said,  they won't fit a wookie !!!
I'm in that fam ....

How much you reckon they paid for them? $0.50?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

How much you reckon they paid for them? $0.50?

probably and they cost the Chinese about a nickel  to make.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And my Chicom SKS

Or a nice Type 53 rifle!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And my Chicom SKS

Or a nice Type 53 rifle!

Type 53? Mosin Nagant?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, on the left.  I am assuming that it is a Type 53 and not an M44 based on geographic location and timeframe.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yep, on the left.  I am assuming that it is a Type 53 and not an M44 based on geographic location and timeframe.

I'm thinking M44.  I blew the pic up as far as possible.  I'm only seeing 1 ear on the bayonet...but I could be seeing it wrong.  I'm loving the grenade launcher on the Mosin!

Edit, I'm not at all up on the 53's so I might be wrong on 2 ears.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Would these be too deep for a 74 mag?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Would these be too deep for a 74 mag?

No,they work well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a buddy that used one of these early in OEF in Afganistan, before the Gucci gear tricked down through the supply chain.  They do work with M16 mags.

I'm thingking about getting one, and upgrading it with a little webbing and Fastex buckles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm thingking about getting one, and upgrading it with a little webbing and Fastex buckles.

I did that both to a mag pouch rig and stripper clip pouch rig and it worked great...but I no longer own any "dark side" weapons, so I gave them to an acquaintence who does.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#32]
So how good are these chicom chest rigs?  Are they comfortable to wear when loaded with mags?  I'm thinking of getting one for my emergency "grab-and-go" (BOB) setup.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#33]
not comfortable at all in my opinion.

Here's a question for you all, would anyone be interested in a "ChiCom" type rig made with modern materials (cordorua, fastex, ect)  Maybe hold 4 mags with a couple small utilities, or  a couple of channels of pals?  I was thinking of building something like this for myself, possibly get a gear maker I know to make a short run.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I thought maybe someone would be interested in these !!!
Unissued rigs from nam era .

14.95 + shipping At centerfiresytems.com

Thanks.  I just ordered one and 3 mags to fill it with.  

I have one but a spare will be nice.  I find them comfortable, but I'm 5'6".  I found that you can get the funky smell out by making a solution of warm water and Oxyclean in a bucket, and let the whole thing soak overnight.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#35]
So each infantryman would have only 4 mags total? 4x30=120 rds? Sure doesnt sound like a lot of ammo. Some of us can burn through 120 rounds in a minute or two.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So each infantryman would have only 4 mags total? 4x30=120 rds? Sure doesnt sound like a lot of ammo. Some of us can burn through 120 rounds in a minute or two.

Then there are those of us who take aimed shots.

Just kidding.  I also wish these chest rigs held more magazines.  You make a valid point.  Of course, having a chest rig like this doesn't mean that we can't have 4-mag ammo pouches on our belt too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I think that the side pouches were for filled stripper clips.  That  load is not far off the Soviet basic load.  Most of the time they were issued a 3 or 4 mag pouch.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I think that the side pouches were for filled stripper clips.  That  load is not far off the Soviet basic load.  Most of the time they were issued a 3 or 4 mag pouch.

Definitely not.  They are way too small, unfortunately.  But boxes of Russian ammo do fit fine which is what I put in them.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I don't believe they were expected to live long enough to use more, if they were good enough to stay alive then they could scavenge.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#40]

American infantrymen in WWII didn't carry more than that.

A G.I. cartridge belt held 80 rounds of 30.06, and a soldier might also carry an extra bandoleer (or maybe two) with only 48 rounds in each.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#41]
You also have to remember that combat tactics differ,the VC used mostly hit and run tactics and Chinese Military Doctrine dictates mass attacks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#42]
4 magazines doesn't = 120 rounds total, it just means you have 120 ready rounds.  A soldier could always carry more ammo and reload when there is a pause in a battle.  

Was typical doctrine to fire full auto with an AK or on semi and us full auto for covering fire, etc?  That may explain the ammo supply.

Also, remeber that in Vietnam the standard loadout for a G.I. was initially Nine 20 round magazines, which is 'only' 180 rounds.  A typical G.I. would probaly carry more mags, but then again there was no reason a typical Chicom or Vietnamese soldier couldn't carry additional mags and/or ammo (beyond not being issued them in the first place).  the 3 on cehst+ 1 in rifle is merely the stuff that is instantly accessible.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I for one am not that impressed with these.  I guess they do serve their purpose, but there are better solutions.  I've since found other gear that is more practical, durable, and doesn't cost much more.  I should of looked around before I bought this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Just curious, what is it you don't like about it?  What have you found that didn't cost much more?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Well, I for one am not that impressed with these.  I guess they do serve their purpose, but there are better solutions.  I've since found other gear that is more practical, durable, and doesn't cost much more.  I should of looked around before I bought this stuff.

I would really like to know what you have found for not that much more than $15 which works so much better...please share with us instead of just pissing in our Wheaties.

To be honest a few dollars of fastex buckles and velcro can make these "uber tactical" if the wood toggles are your big gripe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would really like to know what you have found for not that much more than $15 which works so much better...please share with us instead of just pissing in our Wheaties.

To be honest a few dollars of fastex buckles and velcro can make these "uber tactical" if the wood toggles are your big gripe.

I'm not pissing in your "Wheaties".  I just posted my opinion.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

$14.95 +3% = $15.40 + $9.99 (shipping) = $25.35

I ordered 3 to try and off set the cost of shipping.  I thought that one would be a good gift for my brother.  When I told him about them, he wasn't very excited.
$14.95 x 3 = $44.85 + 3% = $46.20 + $9.99 = $56.19

Tactical vest $39.97 plus regular shipping charges.  If I paid twice as much for one Tactical vest as I did for one of these then I'd be a happier man. $25.35 x 2 = $50.70
Pretty good looking vest for the money.

This is just my opinion, but it is mine and I'm entitled to it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Eagle Industries offers a similar type rig.  It's a little pricey for the same type thing, but it holds more and is made of Cordura.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not pissing in your "Wheaties".  I just posted my opinion.  There is nothing wrong with that.  

I ordered 3 to try and off set the cost of shipping.  I thought that one would be a good gift for my brother.  When I told him about them, he wasn't very excited.

Tactical vest $39.97 plus regular shipping charges.  If I paid twice as much for one Tactical vest as I did for one of these then I'd be a happier man. $25.35 x 2 = $50.70

By 'pissing in my wheaties' I meant that posting that 'the gear sucks' and you have a better solutoin but not sharing that solution doesn't help anyone.  Posting the gear that works better for you and the math behind that value helps tremendously and allows us to make more informed decisions.

I personally think that for $15 the rig is a good value, but I would agree that if you are willing to spend a little more you will definitely get something better.  

Thanks for the links, I checked them out and was pleasantly suprised by the CTD vest pricing.  It has come down by about half from the pricing they roginally had!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Eagle Industries offers a similar type rig.  It's a little pricey for the same type thing, but it holds more and is made of Cordura.

http://www.eagleindustries.com/mainprod.asp?scv=0

Er, that is a link to the shopping cart...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know man...  I'd take the commie AK rig over the leapers vest.  I'd bet it is better made!  

I kind of like the chi-com chest rig for its simplicity.  Small and compact, good compliment to an AK trunk gun.   like the poor man's version of this:  www.spectergear.com/mk2_chest_rig.htm

I have one of the Eagle rifleman's vests and I really don't like it...  just too much crap.  I like the idea of  just a way to carry a few extra mags.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top