Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:01:10 PM EDT
A local gunshop is selling a new 5.56 Arsenal AK for $800.  The problem is I live in a ban state and cannot have an AK in 7.62x39, so this is my first exposure to an AK.  I'm assuming that this is not the best deal.  How much should something like this cost?  Should I try to bargain with the saleman or just let it go?  Thanks in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That might be a little high.  Do you know what model it is?  Does it have a scope rail?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Atlantic firearms has a SAM5 for 650$
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is it post-ban compatable?  I don't need to worry about the 30 round magazine because that's not on my state's AWB.  Since I'm an AR guy, I don't really know what the "evil" features of an AK are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That might be a little high.  Do you know what model it is?  Does it have a scope rail?

No, I don't know what model it is.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it post-ban compatable?  I don't need to worry about the 30 round magazine because that's not on my state's AWB.  Since I'm an AR guy, I don't really know what the "evil" features of an AK are.

All features of an AK are evil, thats why we love them so much
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Evil features..
Pistol grip..
Bayo lug..
Threaded muzzle..

I get scared just thinking about em....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Evil features..
Pistol grip..
Bayo lug..
Threaded muzzle..

What does an AK bayo lug look like?  Also, how can you tell if one's got a threaded muzzle?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recall seeing last week that this ad is for a railless model; add $50ish for the rail. Any $20 mags in his deal? Otherwise Gunbroker.com will prob turn one up for $690 w/rail, plus ship/ffl fee, so 10% less than your find is your goal. I could also note VEPR threads, but getting a gun that looks so much more like an Evil AK to snub your state's dumb laws is priceless.

Actually, I really would like a VEPR cuz of the heavier reciever and better accuracy, but is there any way to change the stock and foregrip into standard AK-profile stuff?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Evil features..
Pistol grip..
Bayo lug..
Threaded muzzle..

What does an AK bayo lug look like?  Also, how can you tell if one's got a threaded muzzle?

This is one example...See where the bayo slips on underneath and threads on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recall seeing last week that this ad is for a railless model; add $50ish for the rail. Any $20 mags in his deal? Otherwise Gunbroker.com will prob turn one up for $690 w/rail, plus ship/ffl fee, so 10% less than your find is your goal. I could also note VEPR threads, but getting a gun that looks so much more like an Evil AK to snub your state's dumb laws is priceless.

Actually, I really would like a VEPR cuz of the heavier reciever and better accuracy, but is there any way to change the stock and foregrip into standard AK-profile stuff?

No..Meaning no way to change furniture to standard AK profile..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top