Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:54:35 AM EDT
Well.....I was too late on the last batch of 1000 Century Yugo Undefolders. So I had my dealer put one on a waiting list at SOG. Dealer motified me yesterday he got the call from SOG, new batch had arrived. My Yugo Underfolder was on its way! Only problem is, SOG told him because of supply and demand, now the price went up $30 or $40 from the before quoted price. Dammm...... oh well, I never get in on the good end of anything. Jeff
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked up my 'second round' Yugo from my FFL yesterday. For the money, my only compaint is that the gun is 'dirty'. There's sandblasting grit in nearly every pivoting joint on the rifle. And there's some cosmo here and there. Other than that, it's nice. Nicely finished, the new barrel looks great and has better machining than any com-bloc barrel I've seen, you can tell the wood isn't new but looks ok, and the action cycles nice and smooth. It's also quite heavy and I was surprised at how thick the RPK receiver was and how much heavier it is. The folder is very rigid both when folded and unfolded. Mine was the only one of three with an unsanitzed rear sight base.

We'll see how it shoots if I ever get any 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Picked up my 'second round' Yugo from my FFL yesterday. For the money, my only compaint is that the gun is 'dirty'. There's sandblasting grit in nearly every pivoting joint on the rifle. And there's some cosmo here and there. Other than that, it's nice. Nicely finished, the new barrel looks great and has better machining than any com-bloc barrel I've seen, you can tell the wood isn't new but looks ok, and the action cycles nice and smooth. It's also quite heavy and I was surprised at how thick the RPK receiver was and how much heavier it is. The folder is very rigid both when folded and unfolded. Mine was the only one of three with an unsanitzed rear sight base.

We'll see how it shoots if I ever get any 7.62x39.

Alot of the distributors recieved shipments this past week,but you gotta act fast!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
My only complaitn is that mine came with only one mag and no cleaning rod. Not a big deal, but not exactly what everyone else is getting.

Oh well, I am taking her out (yes, already using a female pronoun for it) today to fire for the first time...damn Christmas and New Years land on the weekends, and the range was closed!

BTW, anyone know where to get that silly rubber boot for the bayonet?  For some reason Century insists on shipping all their AK's without one...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine came with the rubber boot. It came with the bayonet, the rubber thingy, the steel sheath, the leather 'sheath holder', the oil bottle, a cleaning kit, a mag pouch (un-issued!), a Yugo mag and a european (but not Yugo) mag, and a sling (also unissued). It came with a WASR manual though. Kinda funny.

I cleaned mine up today. The park job is very, very nice, except where the grenade site folds over the gas block, where it seems they parked it with the site folded down and didn't get 'full coverage' on the gas block side. It's only on one side, too. Kind of odd. The inside of the receiver looks very nice. The wood on mine is dark and oil stained, but the wood on the other two rifles looked great.

Any tips on brightening the wood up? I'd like to pull all the oil and crap out of it, steam the few small dents out of it, and rub in some tung oil. There's no gobs of cosmo inside the handgaurds either. A pleasant surprise.

The sandblasting grit is in the joints between the buttplate and the arms of the underfolder and in the rear sight block in the gas tube latch and the slider on the rear sight. I've got to fire up the air compressor or something to blast it out.

It's surprising that a gun that has a good fit and finish like this could make it out of the shop with so much crap in it, but it shouldn't be difficult to remove and I've sure they were rushed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a few today at a gun show in Savannah. The cheapest price was $595! Another had them for $655..............

Always a sucker in the crowd........I'll never get one for that price.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 2 coming in this week....................
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top