Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:46:39 PM EDT
Wondering when they might be finished and hitting the market...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I received an email from Harlan on 12/31/05. He stated blue prints for both receivers had been approved. They were meeting the next week to cover production details and scheduling. He said they expect inventory for sale in February.
I'm ready, sounds like you are too.
AKS74K
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I received an email from Harlan on 12/31/05. He stated blue prints for both receivers had been approved. They were meeting the next week to cover production details and scheduling. He said they expect inventory for sale in February.
I'm ready, sounds like you are too.
AKS74K
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the double post. My computer is acting up. Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet.  I'll have to hold off on a armory usa rec to see how these turn out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent.  I hope they turn out as expected!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny - I sent Harlan an email yesterday asking how they were coming.  Here is his response:

Harlan Wrote:

Travis:

We have the production order in for the DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receivers. We have not yet been provided with an expected delivery date.

Thanks for checking in.

Harlan

NoDak Spud LLC

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#8]
what was the price going to be?
i want one in both a -47 and-74 ,..if i ever get my recivers from global ill just sell them at some point.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Funny - I sent Harlan an email yesterday asking how they were coming.  Here is his response:

Harlan Wrote:

Travis:

We have the production order in for the DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receivers. We have not yet been provided with an expected delivery date.

Thanks for checking in.

Harlan

NoDak Spud LLC

Travis:

I think the original post question is about the DCI AKM and AK-74 receivers.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Harlan, how close are you expecting to get to the SLR105 receiver?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
'CornFedHusker':

'Close' is a relative word, of course, but the blue print we approved this week appears to have all the features of the original. The blue print was prepared with an SLR-105 receiver in hand. Did you want to expand your question into specific details?
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't wait
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I am most curious about mag dimples and trigger bump.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
'CornFedHusker':

'Close' is a relative word, of course, but the blue print we approved this week appears to have all the features of the original. The blue print was prepared with an SLR-105 receiver in hand. Did you want to expand your question into specific details?
Thanks.

Harlan

So you guys are basically trying to make an SLR-105 receiver in 5.45 and 7.62?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am most curious about mag dimples and trigger bump.

Specific tooling is being made to make duplicate the mag dimples and to put in the trigger bump.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'CornFedHusker':

Thanks.

Harlan

So you guys are basically trying to make an SLR-105 receiver in 5.45 and 7.62?

The SLR-105 receiver is the basis for the AK-74 receiver in caliber 5.45x39. The DCI AKM receiver is based on the Hungarian SA-85 receiver.

Harlan
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Specific tooling is being made to make duplicate the mag dimples and to put in the trigger bump.

Harlan

Awesome.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.  If they turn out as well as the Yugo receivers, you'll be selling quite a few.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top