Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:06:20 AM EDT
hello all,  I was wondering what  is a good price for a 7.62x39 Maadi with threaded barrel but no bayo lug, decent wood, stamped receiver.  Thanks!  

Edited to add:  Intratac imported Maadi in 1995
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say around $350.00 from what I have heard.  I have a Maadi RML thin bbl arround a 91 import  and that is what I was told it is worth
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Intrac: $450 - $500 ...

Put in compliance parts, get new wood from Ironwood, weld the wings back on the lug and refinish the whole thing and you'll have a Russian AK-47 clone and all the guys here will envy you ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Put in compliance parts, get new wood from Ironwood, weld the wings back on the lug and refinish the whole thing and you'll have a Russian AK-47 clone and all the guys here will envy you ...

Could you please elaborate a little more on the "wings?"  Thank you!  

The maadi is offered to me for $425.00.  The guy that is offering is a really nice guy and I didnt think he was ripping me off or anything, I was just curious to see for I am a noob when it comes to Maadi's  Thanks again1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could you please elaborate a little more on the "wings?"  Thank you!  

The maadi is offered to me for $425.00.  The guy that is offering is a really nice guy and I didnt think he was ripping me off or anything, I was just curious to see for I am a noob when it comes to Maadi's  Thanks again1

The wings on the bayonet lug that the bayonet slot slides on and locks after passing
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The little wings on each side of the bayonet lug, they were filed off before it was imported. To me it's not that bad of a price on a used Intrac/ACC, depends on how "used" it was. These are well built rifles usually, not like the newer Maadi's. It definately has potential without a whole lot of work ...

I personally would take a factory built Intrac/ACC over any other rifle offered for the same price ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I had 2 of these that I bought in '95 or '96...the sold at the time for $275 ea and weren't hot sellers even at this price during the ban.

Very low quality...junk, ugle furniture, very ugly finish with runs, usually canted sights, etc.

Now that the ban is ended you have better choices...I recommend looking at what Atlantic has.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very low quality...junk, ugle furniture, very ugly finish with runs, usually canted sights, etc.
quote]

Junk??? ...

Steyrs and Intracs were made on the exact same Russian equipment used to produce the AK-47, Intracs "also" have the Steyr barrels ...
Intracs do have a crappy finish but they are way far from "junk". Go do your homework and then get back to us ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Take another look at my message...I didn't just "do my homework"...I've owned two of them!!!

Yes, I know that the USSR provided tooling and training to the Egyptians when they started building AK's...but that doesn't mean it compares in any way to it's Soviet counterpart in terms of quality.

According to this guys mindset, a knockoff RIA 1911 .45 ACP model should be just as good as a Colt Gold Cup 1911 ACP...well, think that way if you like but the price alone tells the story...

There aren't too many exceptions to the old rule that "you get what you pay for".  I bought my Maadi's at $275 ea during the ban, and the quality reflected the price.  They were both junk and I was glad to trade up to better AK's.  I suggest you save yourself the headache and go straight to something decent!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Take another look at my message...I didn't just "do my homework"...I've owned two of them!!!

Yes, I know that the USSR provided tooling and training to the Egyptians when they started building AK's...but that doesn't mean it compares in any way to it's Soviet counterpart in terms of quality.

According to this guys mindset, a knockoff RIA 1911 .45 ACP model should be just as good as a Colt Gold Cup 1911 ACP...well, think that way if you like but the price alone tells the story...

There aren't too many exceptions to the old rule that "you get what you pay for".  I bought my Maadi's at $275 ea during the ban, and the quality reflected the price.  They were both junk and I was glad to trade up to better AK's.  I suggest you save yourself the headache and go straight to something decent!

Steyr Barrels and factory built  on Russian machinery = "Junk" ...
Sure, if you say so buddy ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I paid 450 for my interact ARM (with an E german side folder). It's Accurate [(about 3 moa) with mojo sights] and reliable although it does dislike wolf hp. I kind of like the paint finish (its paint over a phosphate finish). Rustoleom satin black matches close enough for touchups. I would buy another at 425 but that seems a bit high unconverted (read pistol grip and 922). The Maadi's with bad reps are the later mainly imported by century Misr10(low cap) and misr 90's(mak 90s/egyptian hybrids). I am not saying intrac's or PAR's are beyond reproach but they are definitely not shitty. No matter what AK variant you ask about some dickhead will trash it. Buy-shoot- enjoy.

Check out this sight
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page_4.htm
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought my Intrac Maadi in 1995 new for $200. It has given me good service.  It is a dependable accurate rifle.  It is not a piece of junk. Before I replaced some parts to make it 922r compliant so I could get rid of the thumbhole stock it still was a good dependable rifle.  It never has had a malfunction of any kind. And I have shot mainly Wolf HP with some CBC, E. German, Chinese, and whatever else I could find to shoot in it.  Never missed a beat.  It ate everything.  I don't shoot it much now as I have junk Romanian AK's to shoot now.  Sometimes I wonder what some people expect for a $275 firearm.  A top of the line Weatherby?  Buy the Maadi, shoot it and enjoy it.  If you don't like it you can always sell it and get your money out of it.  Somebody else out there would be more than happy to have an AK that was made on Russian machinery even if it was built by Egyptians and is considered junk by some people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Uh..........not Steyr barrels, but Steyr technology barrels.......meaning cold hammer forged.

The Bulgarian/Arsenal rifles have Steyr barrel technology....cold hammer forged.

The Steyr connection was strictly as the importer.

I know Steyr, New Jersey was the original importer and then Intrac, didn't mean for anyone to confuse that point and I was meaning cold hammer forged(for years us old guys just referred to them as Steyr barrels, we alway's knew what we meant, lol) the same as guys saying the Bulgy's have Steyr barrels, we know what we're saying even though it comes off sounding wrong ...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The going price on a Maadi ARM,these days,is anywhere between 375.00 and 475.00.They were a very well kept secret by the collectors for their Soviet heritage,dress one up in Russian AKM furnature and watch heads turn!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I bought my Intrac Maadi in 1995 new for $200. It has given me good service.  It is a dependable accurate rifle.  It is not a piece of junk. Before I replaced some parts to make it 922r compliant so I could get rid of the thumbhole stock it still was a good dependable rifle.  It never has had a malfunction of any kind. And I have shot mainly Wolf HP with some CBC, E. German, Chinese, and whatever else I could find to shoot in it.  Never missed a beat.  It ate everything.  I don't shoot it much now as I have junk Romanian AK's to shoot now.  Sometimes I wonder what some people expect for a $275 firearm.  A top of the line Weatherby?  Buy the Maadi, shoot it and enjoy it.  If you don't like it you can always sell it and get your money out of it.  Somebody else out there would be more than happy to have an AK that was made on Russian machinery even if it was built by Egyptians and is considered junk by some people.

+1 ... on all accounts.
Mine will rock with anything...even the plastic lo-power rounds !

I LOVE JUNK !!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I love mine!

No complaints, well over 10K through her with not one malfunction (that I remember).

I feel bad for the poor souls who end up with "Junk", why can't I ever be there when one of these guys is fed up with them and wants to off load it cheap?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had several.  All have been very nice.  I just don't get the knowck on these??  Russian tooling and all.  Yes, the finish sucks, but I can point several other very prominent AK's that the finish sucks too.

400 for ARM before compliant parts etc.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#18]
My Maddi is stamped styer, and INTRAC  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#19]
i will buy a 400.00 peice of junk the next time i see one
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The going price on a Maadi ARM,these days,is anywhere between 375.00 and 475.00.They were a very well kept secret by the collectors for their Soviet heritage,dress one up in Russian AKM furnature and watch heads turn!

i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/jaodom722/10-30-05044.jpg

JOHNO.....I hate you now, after seeing your maadi I need to get a one now...........great lookin Maddi with the Russian wood, I want it sooooooooo bad
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top