Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/5/2006 6:02:41 AM EDT
From FoxNews.com...

BTW, nice 'battlefield pickup' look.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:33:56 AM EDT
I would'nt think so. They just like to remove the butstocks.

They are such children.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 6:56:10 AM EDT by DDiggler]

Originally Posted By 762minigun2:
I would'nt think so. They just like to remove the butstocks.

They are such children.

I saw the tang and figured it was an 'el-cheapo, quick and dirty' improvised pistol.

Wonder what the chrome looking barrel is about?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:44:55 AM EDT
finish wore off.....

i kinda like em that way.

'cept the rust pitting....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:53:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 8:55:26 AM EDT by 1Gunner]
that's still a rifle..but with the rear stock removed....still has the rear trunnion and tang sticking out..everyone does it

an AK pistol in US definition would have to have a clean rear trunnion where you couldn't put a stock back on

that brings up a good question about if we could do that....I guess we could if the overall length was over 26" of the AK
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:06:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Gunner:
that's still a rifle..but with the rear stock removed....still has the rear trunnion and tang sticking out..everyone does it

an AK pistol in US definition would have to have a clean rear trunnion where you couldn't put a stock back on

that brings up a good question about if we could do that....I guess we could if the overall length was over 26" of the AK

I know, I was just surprised that they did that.

I wonder, if I built up one of my Romy kits with the forward grip, and later decided I wanted to change to a Romy sidefolding stock, would I technically have to remove the front grip so I wasn't in possession of an unregistered AOW while I switched the stock?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
I wonder, if I built up one of my Romy kits with the forward grip, and later decided I wanted to change to a Romy sidefolding stock, would I technically have to remove the front grip so I wasn't in possession of an unregistered AOW while I switched the stock?

Come on, man.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:15:39 AM EDT
I think I'll write ATF a letter for shits and giggles
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:52 AM EDT
While I was there we must have confiscated 1000s of them, and for some reason the Hajis LOVE removing the stocks if they don't have underfolders.

I was glad to see this trend due to it's effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:21:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SVT:

Come on, man.

What? You think if you left it laying around like that and they saw it that they wouldn't bust you?

I wondered about sort of the same thing with my Saiga 12. I want to chop the barrel to less than 18" and permanently attach a flash hider to make it 18 1/4". Should I (not saying what I actually would or wouldn't do) take the barrel out of the trunion before I chop it, and not put it in until the FH is on?

They are serious about the Thompson Contender issue, regarding what order to add/remove barrels and stocks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:58:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SVT:

Come on, man.

What? You think if you left it laying around like that and they saw it that they wouldn't bust you?

I wondered about sort of the same thing with my Saiga 12. I want to chop the barrel to less than 18" and permanently attach a flash hider to make it 18 1/4". Should I (not saying what I actually would or wouldn't do) take the barrel out of the trunion before I chop it, and not put it in until the FH is on?

They are serious about the Thompson Contender issue, regarding what order to add/remove barrels and stocks.

I guess the answer is to finish the job. If 'they' are in your workshop, youve got a bigger shit sandwich to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:30:26 AM EDT
I'll be sure that my smoke detectors are REALLY smoke detectors before hand, too...

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:40:48 PM EDT

I think even without the stock it's considered a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:42:10 PM EDT
I have seen that a lot on the news ,Iraq police standing in the middle of the road holding an ak without a buttstock
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:10 PM EDT
I saw that a lot when I was there. They like to clip the sling into the screw hole in the rear tang.
Top Top