Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:27:31 PM EDT
I had my 2001 SAR-1 at a gun shop on consignment. After a week, the shop owner informed me that the rifle was non-compliant and that he had disassembled it to be safe. Here's his issue: I have E. German furniture (butt stock & HGs) on the rifle - I replaced the crappy original wood stuff. I understood that the 5 required parts on these rifles were the FCG, pistol grip, & gas piston. The shop owner thinks that the crappy wood furniture was US - and hence the problem with the EG stuff.

Does anyone remember what the original configuration of the rifles were regarding compliance parts?

BTW, I was cool with the gun shop guys - they did the right thing when in doubt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:03:35 AM EDT
You are correct.

Sar 1 's were compliant as sold.

Century installed a US hammer ,trigger,disconnecter, Gas piston,and pistol grip. (5 parts)
The Buttstock and handguards are Romanian.
You did not ADD any Foreign parts , and still meet the US parts requirement.

Your Gun Shop owner is ignorant.

Of course that is no surprise.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 7:27:08 AM EDT by dalesimpson]
If you look at the list of countable parts it would seem that even if all you had for US parts on the rifle was a fcg you would still be compliant until you put a non-US made magazine in the rifle since 3 of the countable parts are in the magazine.

Get a new gun dealer...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:48:07 AM EDT
I never understand why people put firearms on consignment and let someone make a profit selling their guns. A SAR-1 is worth more now then when they were first sold, I have never had a problem selling my own. Never lost money selling a firearm myself.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:35:03 PM EDT
Thanks for the help. I normally sell myself - but I was lazy and thought I'd try this shop out. I was glad it didn't work out with them.
Top Top