Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
While shooting my AK awhile ago my top handguard kind of came loose.  Normally there is a gap on both sides, but I looked down and one side was touching.  He put it back to where it normally is, but a few rounds later it worked itself back down.  It has a wood stock on it and I was just wondering if this was normal.

Blaker
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean the upper handguard twisted to one side? If so that is not normal, there usually on there pretty tight, i guess a quick fix could be to put something on the wood that rides in the groove, maybe some thick tape, cute a thin piece of masking tape, so it can wedge in tighter. Something along those lines, if something like that doesnt fix it you can replace the upper handguard and gas tube for pretty cheap. What make is the gun? McM
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the handguard twisted to one side, but the gas tube stayed in place.  It is an SAR-1 and I haven't had this trouble out of it before.

Thanks for your help.

Blaker
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The handguard is simply installed and removed by twisting it 180 degrees, then it just drops out, most of the time it takes force to remove them, I use a rubber strap wrench to do this task.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It took me 2 hours, the largest crescent wrench I could fine and 2 sets of Mechanix gloves to get the gas tube furniter on my MAK90......I would have killed to have loose furniture like you have, your so lucky....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top