Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:06:39 AM EDT
I just realized I own a Yugo Mauser and a Yugo AK, so now I decided I need a Yugo SKS to round out the colection.  i would like one with the bayonet and grenade launcher.  

WHo has the best prices on both Excellent and Good condition ones?  Seems like $80-$90 is the going rate for a "good" condition one?

Thanks,

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You should find and excellent condition one in the $120 to $150 range.  With these though it is probably worth a bit more to hand pick.  Mine looked unfired for $129.

Where did you get yours from?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my C+R, so I gotta get one of these to break the seal....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
They're going up.

A couple of years ago you could find unfired, unissued Yugo's for $129. Now it seems like the going rate for good condition SKS' is around $159.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Tomorrow I am going to order one from Samco. If you wait a couple of weeks, I will let you know more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:01:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Dunham's Sports (Thier web site does not show them) but they are running a sale right now $109.00.
Use the store locator at the bottom of the page to find closest to you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They're going up.

A couple of years ago you could find unfired, unissued Yugo's for $129. Now it seems like the going rate for good condition SKS' is around $159.

Prices always go up...a few years ago Soviet made Makarovs were $200...

All I am concerned about is what the prices are now and the best place to get them.

I don't think there is a Dunham's even remotley close to me...I would burn more than $30 in gas to get to one!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my unissued Yugo SKS in Nov. at a gunshow for $159. Gunshow was back in town last week and they were $189! And only two for sale. I passed. I'll keep looking for a good used one for my son.
There was only one used Ygo SKS for sale at that show last week. $99 and it had a 10" horizontal crack in the stock!
Makes me feel like mine has become an investment!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dunham's Sports (Thier web site does not show them) but they are running a sale right now $109.00.
Use the store locator at the bottom of the page to find closest to you.

Thanks to this post, I went to Dunhams tonight (Farmington Hills) and found they had two. They were marked $159, but the sales flyer said $109.99...regular price $250.

The first one I looked at was pretty nasty...it was dirty, the action was full of dirty powder like it had been taken to the range all day and not cleaned.  Stock in average condition.

The second one had a decent looking stock, and was packed in cosmoline.  My daughter looked at it and sid "it's dirty"... I said it's a "better kind of dirty".

I asked the guy about doing a C& R transfer, and he looked at me cross-eyed... I explained to him its a collector's FFL and he was dumbfounded.  Said they "can only do a NICS check" and etc.  I said I'd put it on lay-away and come back, figure I'll go back during the day with my C&R and BATF printouts.

Thanks for the heads up.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I asked the guy about doing a C& R transfer, and he looked at me cross-eyed... I explained to him its a collector's FFL and he was dumbfounded.  Said they "can only do a NICS check" and etc.  I said I'd put it on lay-away and come back, figure I'll go back during the day with my C&R and BATF printouts.
No Expert

I've always wondered about doing this.  I always figured they would not know how to do anything outside of their training on firearm purchases.  Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#13]
the 4473 has a section for "No background check performed.  Reason:" and then they can write down the reason.  in NE if you have a Handgun Purchase Certificate they aren't required to call in a background check on you.  Likewise with a C&R FFL--if you have one, they don't have to call it in on you.  They just write down "Curio and Relic FFL, Number XXXXXXX" and their butt is covered, as is yours.  Take a copy to let them keep with the 4473 if they're that "uninformed".
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the 4473 has a section for "No background check performed.  Reason:" and then they can write down the reason.  in NE if you have a Handgun Purchase Certificate they aren't required to call in a background check on you.  Likewise with a C&R FFL--if you have one, they don't have to call it in on you.  They just write down "Curio and Relic FFL, Number XXXXXXX" and their butt is covered, as is yours.  Take a copy to let them keep with the 4473 if they're that "uninformed".

Cool, I will do that...  I just looked at the 4473 I have, and in the "Instructions to NICS check" it says "A NICS check is not required if the transfer qualifies for any of the exceptions in 27 CFR * 478.102(d).", and according to the ATF websidte, that is:

(d) Exceptions to NICS check. The provisions of paragraph (a) of
this section shall not apply if--
  (1) The transferee has presented to the licensee a valid permit or
license that--
   (i) Allows the transferee to possess, acquire, or carry a firearm;

(ii) Was issued not more than 5 years earlier by the State in which
the transfer is to take place; and
   (iii) The law of the State provides that such a permit or license is
to be issued only after an authorized government official has verified
that the information available to such official does not indicate that
possession of a firearm by the transferee would be in violation of
Federal, State, or local law: Provided, That on and after November 30,
1998, the information available to such official includes the NICS;
   (2) The firearm is subject to the provisions of the National
Firearms Act and has been approved for transfer under 27 CFR part 479;
or
   (3) On application of the licensee, in accordance with the
provisions of Sec. 478.150, the Director has certified that compliance
with paragraph (a)(1) of this section is impracticable.
   (e) The document referred to in paragraph (d)(1) of this section (or
a copy thereof) shall be retained or the required information from the
document shall be recorded on the firearms transaction record in
accordance with the provisions of Sec. 478.131.

Now, I'm thinking the C&R FFL falls under the highlighted part. I will take my C&R copy and ATF printouts, and see if I can bring the store into the 21st century.  If not, no biggie, I'll still have to log it in my bound book regardless of how Dunham's does it on their end.  I was planning on ordering my SKS online, but this is too good a deal to pass up.

We'll see how it goes....guess I'll report tomorrow night.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
INTERORDNANCE $148.95 Brand New

"May have cosmic grease coating,"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#17]
In the SOG flyer I got today they have very good condition Yugo SKSs for 89.95.  The last very good condition Yugo SKS I got from SOG was damn near excellent condition.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In the SOG flyer I got today they have very good condition Yugo SKSs for 89.95.  The last very good condition Yugo SKS I got from SOG was damn near excellent condition.

Cool, if I don't find one at the gunshow I will probably order from SOG.  

BTW Dale, what in the holy hell type of mag is on the underfolder in your avatar pic???  Is that one of those wacky 75 round banana mags from Cheaper Than Dirt???
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, if I don't find one at the gunshow I will probably order from SOG.  

BTW Dale, what in the holy hell type of mag is on the underfolder in your avatar pic???  Is that one of those wacky 75 round banana mags from Cheaper Than Dirt???

LOL!  That mag is an experimental 100 round double stack.  If I am not mistaken there are only prototypes in existance, they never went into production.  I wish I really had one.  The mag actually attached to the end of the barrel with some sort of clip.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Yugo update,

Went to Dunham's to lay away one of the $109.00 rifles.  Took surgical gloves, cleaning kit and a bore light.  There were 10 rifles, varying condition, wood,blueing, non matching numbers etc...

I selected one that had matching numbers, however the wood was in serviceable condition but was nothing spectacular.  The bore was dark but strong rifling (hopefully she will clean if not JB paste and cross your fingers.)

The rest of the rifle was in good mechanical condition.

Take a buddy with you, have him go over it, it helps, another set of eyes is good.  I almost settled on a rifle yet my friend's eyes revealed an issue regarding the front site hood.

Good luck on your purchase.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top