Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:35:19 AM EDT
I'd like to convert the rifle to an underfolder. Of course, I'd have it professionally done, but what would it entail?

TIA

Bud
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:03:59 AM EDT
Milling out the stock pin hole and other cuts,removing the tangs,reworking the back of the reciever,re-finishing and re-assembly.You'll need to find the folding stock for a type III to make it look right,it'll have milled or stamped smooth rails without the AKMS type re-inforcments.There was a Russian set on the EE,looks good but kinda pricey.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:11:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 11:11:45 AM EDT by Stottman]

Originally Posted By JOHNO:
Milling out the stock pin hole and other cuts,removing the tangs,reworking the back of the reciever,re-finishing and re-assembly.You'll need to find the folding stock for a type III to make it look right,it'll have milled or stamped smooth rails without the AKMS type re-inforcments.There was a Russian set on the EE,looks good but kinda pricey.

K-var has most of the conversion parts..

You should be able to find a Bulgarian or Polish milled underfolder stock for much less... I bought one a year ago for about $60.. Using AA-OK as your price guide is not a good way to price something....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:05:49 PM EDT
ive done it befor it was alot of work but worth it in my case
but it isnt in your case

sell your rifle and buy a milled uf
you cant have the work done for the price diff in the 2 rifles
that dosnt even count parts and refinish

cheapest place i found was 350
that was just to mill the back and sides
no filling in the back or refinishing the rifle

heres pics just cause i luv to show it off

Top Top