Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:17:24 PM EDT
Sneaking over from the AR side...momentarily that is

I'm planning on purchasing a pistol varient (most likely from Atlantic Firearms) and want to purchase a few synthetic furniture sets (pistol grip & handguard).  Anyone know of any sources?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh come on, surely some one knows a source....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You sure your not a troll? sounds to me like you're trying to stir up trouble! We don't like troublemakers over here on the darkside!

OJF
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
K-VAR or TAPCO.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, I try to post when I have some knowledge on a topic, or a legitimate question....

Tapco has pistol furniture?  I thought they only carried standard length.  There appears to be a difference in the two, which is why I asked.

I wonder if Tom Sawyer Inc could engrave a receiver with a troll killer logo.....

Hmmmm
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#6]
As soon as Atlantic Firearm's site comes back up, I'll post the model I'm looking at.  

It's not that I need one, but as much as I hate to say it, well damn it I just want one.  I just want to be able to put a few different types of furniture on it, not just be relegated to the wood style.  Not that there's anything wrong with the wood guard.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I think "Cop" in your handle just scared some of these guys, as they are continually out hunting deer with a 22 long rifle, to save 25 cents or so, that comes with the "Darkside" in some cases, dont get me started on the "Buhwheat" threads either.....They probably figure youre the "Man" coming to inspect their Norinco's for a third hole.

That said, Tapco, is one of the biggest.  I wouldnt hesitate to watch the auction sites like Gunbroker and the rest, one guy has listed beautiful "Krink" front handguards, that are machined from black Delrin?? or some other plastic, they look GREAT, but they are also about 200 bucks per set, so, Im living in wood Krink furniture for now.

Oh, as the owner of two pre ban Colt AR's, that I would never sell, I do agree most AR guys are a little snobby, and I owned mine back when owning a "Mouse Gun" got you laughed at if you took it to a range with all the M1's and M1A's, which is a good chunk of the reason why I left "organized" shooting.  

Now that they are all the rage, with 16 rails, and 800 dollar Trijicon's, I kind of feel pushed out of the AR club for the same reason I left the "big bore" club years ago, I just dont want to have to deal with all the bullshit, and the "My gun is better than yours" attitude, plus, its commonplace to own an AR now, something alot of guys didnt want to do, and they have become too PC, gotta move on the next "rebel" gun.

BTW, not having to clean an AK every time you bring it in after shooting, is also a bonus.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I figured as much; thought being out front about it might put people at ease..try to put the conspiracy theorist at rest but no luck...

Thanks for the info; actually Atlantic Firearms emailed me and confirmed that Tapco Galil style handguards will work just fine.

I can't say I'm a snob, though I am pretty comfortable tearing down/building AR's.  I have "a few" pieces, some nice, some not so nice (don't even get me going about my SW5 boat anchor)

In any case, thanks again.  Hey, maybe I can help build bridges of communication between the AR and AK communities...

Oh crap all that touch feely training is taking over...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks RS39.  Nope, just not as wise with the AK variants as I am other platforms.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Try here: K-Var
or here: Auto Burst
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks!  I'm really interested in that rail set from Auto Burst.   Thanks again to all!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#13]
You know I have an  AR and when I got it man I was so happy looked at AR stuff none stop. Didn't have an AK till within the last year when I was looking at buying one and saw that you could make your own from a parts kit. Well thanks to a member on this board who taught/showed me we built my first AK an AMD-63. Now I am very addicted and slowly building up my AK collection and leave the AR at home when I kit the range
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top