Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/2/2006 9:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 9:18:38 AM EDT by -C4-]
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would post my holiday project pics. This is a GP-WASR 10 I picked up from AIMSurplus. I refinished it GunKote Flat Black, installed the Swift Safety Selector, Red Star Arms Trigger, Fixed the FSB + GB cant, installed the target grip, installed the tactical mag release, and polished the second bolt carrier.

-C4-

EDIT: Also new K-Var Laminated wood.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:50:33 AM EDT
Good job!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:50:36 AM EDT
Is that Romanian laminate?? DId it come finished like that or did you mess with it??

BTW- that pistol grip is not attractive looking at all! An AK is meant to be a machine gun not a table shooter
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:52:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lxpony:

BTW- that pistol grip is not attractive looking at all! An AK is meant to be a machine gun not a table shooter

I was thinking the same thing,but as long as he likes it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:54:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lxpony:
Is that Romanian laminate?? DId it come finished like that or did you mess with it??

Lower
Upper

Basically how it came. Only reason I like the grip is because it is more comfortable. I have one without the bottom on it I will most likely throw on there.

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:56:37 AM EDT
C4- that laminate looks great compared to others I have seen- thanks for the clarification..
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:05:23 AM EDT
That looks real nice! Good Job! Those WASR's can look real good with minimal effort....How do you like the mag release? I was thinking about ordering one from RSA....
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:11:57 PM EDT

C4- that laminate looks great compared to others I have seen- thanks for the clarification..

Yeah. It actually looks pretty good. I thought (and still am) thinking about getting one of the stock sets from Ironwood and putting really nice wood onto it.

Originally Posted By trgams:
That looks real nice! Good Job! Those WASR's can look real good with minimal effort....How do you like the mag release? I was thinking about ordering one from RSA....

I like it. It makes it much faster to remove the mag. Just make sure you have a good drill bit. Drilling through the mag release was pretty tough (its just at a really odd angle). Other than a drilling being a little interesting it goes on really quickly and IMHO it is a nice improvement.

-C4-
Top Top