Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 8:03:09 PM EDT
I ask....because I do not know. 20 round mag? 30 round mag? 40? Drum?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:05:01 PM EDT
Yes, with a 20 and 30.

40? don't know.

Drum!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:50:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:16:19 AM EDT
can't do it with a drum? f*ck!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:25:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JosephR:

I pray everyone caught the sarcasm I dumped on my original post!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:55:52 AM EDT by Dawg180]

You can, but you need REALLY strong arms to force the stock struts around it!

I actually find that I prefer 20 rounders in my folder as opposed to 30's, at least when it is folded. The 20's don't project out any farther than the pistol grip which makes for an extremly compact weapon, and it also makes it a lot easier to unfold the stock quickly (at least for me) as the 30's *just barely* clear the stock as it unfolds. If I have the stock folded it means that I want a really compact weapon (well, or just want the "cool factor" higher), so the 20 just makes the most sense.

I guarantee a lot of measuring and designing went into figuring out the exact length of folder that would work with a 30 rounder inserted!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:09:09 AM EDT
If I were to want to buy a few 20 rounders for a Polish PMKMS, which type should I want and where should I go for them?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 9:13:01 AM EDT by MauserMark]
anyone watch the shootout episode on the History channel, with the N. Hollywood bank robbery?

in the reenactment, the 2 guys walk into the bank with their underfolders folded, and a drum mag in, then when they come out, the stock is extended.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:20:15 AM EDT

If I were to want to buy a few 20 rounders for a Polish PMKMS, which type should I want and where should I go for them?

The hungarian 20 rounders (which are the only ones around AFAIK) work great, and are available all over for aroun $10-12 a mag if you shop a bit. I found them for that price at a local store. I believe if you go to ar15mags.com (the website of "magman" here on AR15.com) he has them for $10 slightly used each. I handled some of his mags at the gunshow the other day and they looked fine.

I think DPH arms also has them for about $10 each.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:39:57 PM EDT
Thanks Dawg. I'll have to check...

Mauser- I've seen a few of those- the History Channel one, a Discover Times one, an FX one, etc.

I do know what you are talking about but it's not necessarily a mistake. I'd go in with my stock folded and a drum in I suppose. After I make my intentions clear and when I find time, I'd probably pull the mag and unfold the stock and reinsert the mag. Doing that with your partner nearby shouldn't be too dangerous for you.

They fired 1000's of rounds as well. They could easily have dumped a 75 round drum as soon as they got out of the bank and extended the stock during a reload as they should do anyway.

I love picking apart movie mistakes as well but that is probably something that might have even been filmed correctly but didn't make it into final production.

Did you know the last sonofabitch to get killed was using an AR at the time he was killed?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 12:50:41 PM EDT by MauserMark]

Thanks Dawg. I'll have to check...

Mauser- I've seen a few of those- the History Channel one, a Discover Times one, an FX one, etc.

I do know what you are talking about but it's not necessarily a mistake. I'd go in with my stock folded and a drum in I suppose. After I make my intentions clear and when I find time, I'd probably pull the mag and unfold the stock and reinsert the mag. Doing that with your partner nearby shouldn't be too dangerous for you.

They fired 1000's of rounds as well. They could easily have dumped a 75 round drum as soon as they got out of the bank and extended the stock during a reload as they should do anyway.

I love picking apart movie mistakes as well but that is probably something that might have even been filmed correctly but didn't make it into final production.

Did you know the last sonofabitch to get killed was using an AR at the time he was killed?

the Bushmaster he used was their last ditch weapon. Before that they used a PTR91.

Top Top