Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:12:17 AM EDT
Thought this stuff couldn't have been imported, and it looks like a recent importation.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x54R.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
its a mild steel core and doesnt penetrate any better than lead core.  I'm still working on a crate I bought a year ago.  good ammo for the most part, my SVT-40 doesnt seem to care for it though
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
what kind of groups does it give, in comparison to others like yugo 70's, hungarian, wolf, and the like?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what kind of groups does it give, in comparison to others like yugo 70's, hungarian, wolf, and the like?

shoots the same as albanian heavy out of my M44 accuracy wise(~3-3.5 MOA), but it is far more comfortable to shoot

edit to hide the fact that I suck at the quote button
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Corrosive, so I dont use it in anything with a gas system.

Mainly use it in Mosins, but its pretty accurate stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The laquered cases  made in the 60's have given me problems extracting out of my Finnish Nagant.  The newer copper colored ammo has worked perfectly.  I prefer the heavier Hungarian round though, or at least my M44 and Finnish Nagant do!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a case in the mail from AIM.  My M44 loves it.  The crate it comes in is cool too.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top