Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:35:54 PM EDT
I was taking the welded muzzle cap off my new Maadi, which was tougher than the others I have done. I finnaly got it off, but grinded down a couple of the treads. Not deep, didnt cut threw the barrel. I was so mad. I thought I ruined the gun I have been waiting for. I put the new slant brake on and it din't miss a beat. It threaded fine and looks great. It does not seem to have compromised the integraty of the barrel or brake at all. It is as loose/ tight as my other Maadi. There seems to be no differance at all. Anybody ever do this? Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:10:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:34:48 PM EDT
I always use a file to avoid that kinda "oh shit" scenario, AK's are tough, it'll be fine ...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:52:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Templar:
You should be fine. I had to drill out the blind pin on my post ban Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic, and it touched the threads a little.

New muzzle nut went right on after cleaning up the threads, no worries.

I'll be doing an Arsenal SA-M7 Classic next week,are they pinned and welded or just pinned?I don't have the rifle yet,I'm doing a little trading with Firedog51d.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:56:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:00:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:02:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 4:05:39 PM EDT by JOHNO]
Its the same one,it'll be nice to have a type III again,and Rich has already added Russian type III laminate!

Thanks for the link Tim,the pin is alot smaller than I had imagined!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:14 PM EDT
I know it's fine. It just pisses me off
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:11:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2005 4:14:53 PM EDT by huey_crew_chief]

Originally Posted By Jeepcreep:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh........once you put the slant brake on you're the only one who knows.

oh....I'll know....

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, YOU BASTARD!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:14:20 PM EDT

Ehhhhhhhhhhh........once you put the slant brake on you're the only one who knows.

oh....I'll know....

Now I know too and I'm going to tell Jugrunner,Travis and Old Troop.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:19:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JOHNO:

oh....I'll know....

Now I know too and I'm going to tell Jugrunner,Travis and Old Troop.

I hate you all!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:26:36 PM EDT
Sould I have the brake drilled and pinned so I dont have to deal with it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:38:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By huey_crew_chief:

Why would you want to do that,I had a MAK 90 someone threaded the muzzle on and must have had problems,it looked like they tried to get too big a bite without backing off of their die.It ended up only having about a half inch of usable threads,but it worked fine and,as Templar said,you could'nt see it with the slant brake in place.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:11 PM EDT

Why would you want to do that,I had a MAK 90 someone threaded the muzzle on and must have had problems,it looked like they tried to get too big a bite without backing off of their die.It ended up only having about a half inch of usable threads,but it worked fine and,as Templar said,you could'nt see it with the slant brake in place.

Cause I'm being nurotic (sp)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:49:31 PM EDT

Cause I'm being nurotic (sp)

Its time for a beer,............relax Dave,its an AK!
Top Top