Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:30:07 PM EDT
I'm going to have a Krink built, but I can't decide who to have build it.  Firing Line has a 100% Bulgarian model that they claim can be built in a couple of weeks for $1350.  It's a 5.45, and I'd prefer a 7.62 for mag and ammo availability, but I guess I could settle for it if I had to.  Ohio Rapid Fire will build a 7.62 underfolder (Yugo) for $999.  But they're telling me that they don't have receivers in stock and couldn't give me a definitive answer on when they could build the gun.  That kinda scares me.  So should I pay the extra $$ or wait and save $$?  Any experience with these builders or the guns they build??  thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Todd,  I should have explained that I'm looking for an SBR.  Have one in stock?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a SBR krinkov from Ohio Rapid Fire back in Jan 05. As of Jan 06 neither my FFL dealer nor I have received this rifle. I am extremly patient but waiting a year with no avail is rediculous.

If what the above thread says is true that ORF has them in stock. Then where the hell is my gun!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an ORF krink that is really nice, I love it.  My only gripe is that they only refinished the receiver and not the entire rifle, so the finish on the parts kit stuff doesn't match the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:07:37 AM EDT
[#6]
ORF Krink ... Hopefully, will be SBR'd in 6 months

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
INRANGE is another option.  I believe Troy will have a couple of AKS74U's built on 105 recievers done soon.  They will be SBRed already.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Bulgarian AK-74 that ORF built on a OOW/ITM receiver.  It looks good, the blark (black oxide over parkerizing) is nice.  I picked it up used from another member of the board who had put about 3K rounds through it.  It is a nice piece, but I have to admit there were a few details that I might have done better personally (the receiver was not trimmed after assembly to square it off and there had been a feed failure problem that was fixed by welding up the magazine lip on the barrel trunion - this could have been prevented by taking more care in locating the barrel trunion before drilling the holes for riveting).  That being said, it was a bargain for me at $500.  I go to the big Wanenmacher show in Tulsa twice a year, and have had dealings with the Firing Line.  I have seen the SBR'd Krink you speak of, and the workmanship is impeccable.  I have seen their work over the last few years, and their quality and attention to details is pretty much perfect.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top