Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/27/2005 3:28:22 AM EDT
got my hands on a romy folder finally (thx dave!) but the sucker is REAL tight to fold.  when it gets to the final 1/3 of the way to get it to close, its a bear.  and to unfold it, you really have to apply some force to get it started.  any suggestions on how to make it swing easier?  do i have to dremel some material or something?    TIA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly - remove the pin that holds the round "nut" on and back it off a little, then replace the pin.  They usually start off really tight because as they wear in, the loosen up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
You could take it apart and polish some of the contact points. Remove the folder from the rifle. Remove the spring from the push button. Careful because the pin that holds the spring is either in there real good or it will fall right out. Then drive out the pivot pin. There is a hole in the bottom to drive the pin out through the top. The folder will then seperate from the rear block. It probably needs a good cleaning anyway. Polish up the parts that rub one another. Just polishing the pivot pin itself will loosen it up some.  Give it a nice coat of oil and reassembe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a great idea.  didnt know that you could take it apart and polish it up.  thx for the ideas fellas.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
here it comes..........................spray a little breakfree clp on it!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top