Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:43:56 PM EDT
I'm buying a Polish PMKMS kit off of someone local on the EE. What do I need to get? Obviously a G2 FCG to replace the FA parts. Also a US made gas piston, Pistol grip, Handguards, and slant brake. What else do I need? How many rivets? Different sizes of rivets? Barrel retainer pin...or can I reuse the one that comes with it (if its even in the kit)? I'm not mounting a scope rail so I don't have to worry about trying to add that. What do you all recommend? I'm going to try to recruit some help from someone in PA. I don't want to pay to have one built as I'm short on cash.

Second, I will be refinishing it when I'm done. I don't have an airbrush so I'd have to buy the "Duracoad EZ finishing kit" that includes the airbrush. How much would a Auto-body shop charge to paint a firearm?

CMS
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:24:02 PM EDT
Do yourself a favor and go to the "Build it Yourself" forum and read through the stickys at the top. A lot of good info that should answer all your questions. Best of luck. Polish unders make for a cool build.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:55:23 AM EDT
Been looking through the BIY forum but still haven't really got any answers. Any experienced builders want to contribute?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:34:43 AM EDT
us parts you will need 6
fcg (3 parts)
pg
rec
slant brake

you wont need new hg's or piston

you will need a total of 16 rivets
15 short and 1 long

the barrel pin will be installed in the trunnion when you get your kit and can be reused
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:35:52 AM EDT
almost forgot you cant install a rail on an uf so its a good thang you dont want 1
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:04:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By socandyman:
us parts you will need 6
fcg (3 parts)
pg
rec
slant brake

you wont need new hg's or piston

you will need a total of 16 rivets
15 short and 1 long

the barrel pin will be installed in the trunnion when you get your kit and can be reused

The barrel is already out of the trunnion so I dont' know if it includes the pin or not...

Top Top