Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:37:42 AM EDT
Marry Christmas everybody!!

I'm thinking of selling both my SAR-2 and SAR-3 rifles to fund an up coming project. I'm trying to get an "ideal" on the going prices on them with the "extras". I bought both rifles new and I put about 20 rounds through each of them during the summer. I cleaned both of them afterwards and that's all I've done with them since then. They're still in the same shape as when I purchased them back in 2004... Nothing added, removed or re-finished. I no longer have the Factory Boxes since they fell apart shortly after the purchase!!!

The SAR-2 is a 2003 with a nice solid Blonde Stock Set (Romanian) with the "standard" Romanian details paid to both the wood and metal finish. I'm thinking about including a new Gas Block w/bayonet lugs, a new Frontsight Post w/bayonet lugs and a new Romanian (Not U.S.) 22mm Muzzle Brake. Plus 2 Bulgarian Black Plastic 30rd Mags and the factory green sling.

The only negative thing I can say about this rifle is that the U.S. "Fire Control Group" supplied by importer, Century Arms, should be replace with a better one like the Tapco G-2 set.

As for the SAR-3, it's a 2000 with a sh!t brown lacquer finish on the Stock Set with the same details paid to the wood and metal finish as with "most" Romanian SAR series rifles. This rifle will most likely come with a "matching" used, VG+, Romanian Laminate Fixed Stock Set w/Forward Grip, a Bulgarian 30rd Clear Plastic Mag and a East German Steel 30rd Mag... If I can find it!!! Plus the factory Green Sling.

It has a very smooth and crisp trigger!!! The only problem I've noticed with this rifle, which DOES NOT effect the function at all, is that the "monkeys" at Century Arms assemblied it with a Receiver Cover and Bolt & Carrier Assembly that has a different serial number than the one on the Rifle's Receiver.

Thanks for any given advice!!!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 1:49:58 PM EDT by Dieter122]
interested in selling off/trading that clear 30 round bulgy mag?

$500 for the SAR-3 package

$545 for the SAR-2 package? this might be a bit high, but with all those extras..
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:24:32 PM EDT
Ill give ya 370 for the sar3 ifn you wanna sell....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:56:00 PM EDT
I have a 2 and a 3. I prefer the 3. I think a fair market price is about $400 for the sar2 and possibly 4-450 for the Sar3. I think the price will only go up if you hang on to them. Wish I would have bought a warehouse full when they were $225. Just my opinion. Check out the others in the EE. CB
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:32:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dieter122:

$545 for the SAR-2 package? this might be a bit high, but with all those extras..

I'd say $400.00 for either, maybe a little more.

If I am going to spend any higher I would go for an Arsenal.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:17:11 PM EDT
I had a nice straight SAR3. Ihad trouble moving it at $375 shipped. No accesories. Search the EE to see what they have sold for.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:52:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:

but as the packages? you see the priceson Romy 22mm brakes, and the evil fsbs/gas pieces? they are skyrocketing in price because of availability issues
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mak:

but as the packages? you see the priceson Romy 22mm brakes, and the evil fsbs/gas pieces? they are skyrocketing in price because of availability issues

I was able to buy a SAR-2 with everything installed for $400.00. It depends on what his market will take and you have to remember that an Arsenal which is much better is currently available for a small amount more. The Arsenals may dry up, and then the SAR will be worth more than currently. Of course, SAR's originally cost most of us less than $300.00.
Top Top