Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:36:34 PM EDT
Did these guys smoke a pound of weed before pricing their rifles, or are they really that good?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did these guys smoke a pound of weed before pricing their rifles, or are they really that good?

Naw...just a whole quarter bag !!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Their "Custom" rifles are probably worht the asking price. But the production rifles they are making now I dont think are. If I am paying that much money for a custom rifle I want it to be the only one like it hence custom. Thier ktr03 rifles are supposed to be top notch, and thier work is about the best your gonna find. But they do have some high ass prices. I think that it sucks that they are no longer doing custom work
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Kreb built a PPC gun on A S& W L frame about 16 years ago, for me, before he went big time. It was awesome, work was superb, action and cylinder chamfers were like glass. People that see it are amazed cause it even looks great, even now.  If Kreb builds it, its probable worth more than your spending, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My Saiga S-12 is worth every penny I paid for it. TOP NOTCH craftmanship. Wonderful people when I would call to check progress, CALLED ME to check my body size to decide what stock to put on it.
I could'nt ask for more and was happy to pay the price for what I got.
Count me as a supporter for Krebs.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Krebs 103k Saiga conversion.  You can't find a tool mark on it, and worth every penny I paid.  Check the prices on some of the Arsenal builds.  I'll put anything that Krebs touches against the best out of Las Vegas.  Not comparable. Good versus flawless.  And you pay for flawless.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be the dissenting vote.  I have a Krebs AK103K.  When I got it and zeroed it, the front site was canted badly.  I spoke to Krebs (not him personally) about it and they agreed to fix it.  I sent it in with instructions on what was needed and forgot about it.  I got a phone call quite a while later(several weeks).  The gunsmith, (no it wasn't Krebs but one of his hired smiths- I got the impression that Krebs doesn't do much of the work these days) said it wasn't canted too bad(sight was pushed all the way over in the FSB) and insinuated that it was possibly my fault that it was canted.  I told him the gun was new and I wanted it fixed.  He started to complain that it was a lot of work and they would do what they needed to.  A few days later, said gunsmith calls back and tells me the work performed will cost additional money because the repair required a refinish and replacement of the FSB and barrel.  At that point they had my rifle, I started to argue, but gave up .  Just my experience with Krebs Custom and their product.  Nice rifle in the end.  Expensive and I wouldn't  count on their service.

Long story short, it is a nice rifle.  But for the money I have wrapped up in it, its not worth it.  Buy and Arsenal or a preban PolyTech legend.  I got rid of an Arsenal to get the Krebs (a mistake).  

Edited- typo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A few days later, said gunsmith calls back and tells me the work performed will cost additional money because the repair required a refinish and replacement of the FSB and barrel.  

That is just load of bullshit. Straightening a front sight base will take from fifteen minutes to a half an hour. I had a smilar case with a one Finnish gun shop and they were telling the same bullshit.have
Sorry, off topic, but that kind of incomptence makes me angry.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I had them work on my SLR95 (lower tang install, trigger job, refinishing, install new furniture and a rear peep sight)  It came back fucking flawless.  Compared toa gun that I sent to robar (1911) for just refinishing.  Krebs was ten times better.  They kept me informed on my order the whole way.  The only thing that sucked it took 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I do not own any Kreb's rifles, but I have called several times and spoke to Brian regarding different possible mods I could do myself, and I have to say he is possibly the nicest person I have ever spoken to in the firearms industry. They do make a great peep sight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top