Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:51:46 PM EDT
Guys, finally got to the range to fire my new Vector underfolder. Shot 3 shot group at 100 yards, all in 1" group, but group was 8"' low on target. Took sight tool and tried to thread in front sight...yea right, it is stuck big time. I have soaked the threads in PB Blaster all night, still will not move. I have all but broke my poly/brass insert sight tool trying to budge it either way, up or down. It is not contacting front sight base at all. Do they hot blue these things together and cause it to rust in position? I really don't want to apply heat and blem finish, any ideas? Jeff
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Get you a big pot of water and bring it to a hard boil.  Soak the front end of the rifle (front sight post included of course) in the boiling water for several minutes.  Then see if it will move.

SM
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
After going thru a few of those sight tools on multiply stuck sight post I decide to cut a small groove in a small 1/4" drive socket which allows you to use a ratchet, bit more leverage.

On another note, if your AK shot a 1" group at 100 yards, dont ever sell it, its prob the most acurate AK ever built.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I finally got the sight to move. ALOT of different penetrating oils applied, then re-applied, wiggle,wiggle, and an ol' SAR steel sight wrench with a cresent on it...and she moved. Thanks for all the help. Now back to the range. Jeff
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
"On another note, if your AK shot a 1" group at 100 yards, dont ever sell it, its prob the most acurate AK ever built.
"

Bahahah!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top