Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:08:47 AM EDT
This is BS,www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=315258&page=1 We finally get hooked up with a reliable,and fast,source for 7.62 bakelites and the damn EE Nazis lock the damn thread.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You got to pay to play.  They gave him 7 days since the first post, and most all the mods know he's in it for the business (I'm sure someone higher up pushed them into doing their jobs!).  You can still email him.  Look for ruseller on gunbroker.

Brick
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Bastard locking it, I did not see any thing wrong with the post???????????
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If he would have obeyed the BTT rules, his post would still be open.  Here is the EE FAQ :

EE FAQ
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If he would have obeyed the BTT rules, his post would still be open.  Here is the EE FAQ :

EE FAQ

The rules are a little to restrictive,you should be able to address questions as they come up and to respond to replys.This is why we need our own,AK People to Moderate the AK EE.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What!! Is there trouble in the whore house????

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...you should be able to address questions as they come up and to respond to replys...

Fancy new thing called email.

Or even newer and fancier thing called IM's.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...you should be able to address questions as they come up and to respond to replys...

I knew that was coming...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote johno and travis for moderators of the AK EE, but then again who am i, i'm not even a team member yet.  Their the two people who visit the EE the most, damn Whores! .  Motorcityman
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats true,but alot of the questions could be answered one time in a reply as opposed to ten times in IMs and e-mails.

You may consider putting your sarcasm in check,this is a legitimate complaint.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats true,but alot of the questions could be answered one time in a reply as opposed to ten times in IMs and e-mails.

So we'll have two sets of divergent EE rules.  One for AK and one for every other EE forum.

I really don't think Kevin, Stokes and Aimless will appreciate trying to police that sort of thing.

One other item of contention, AK EE mods or not, the guy is in business.  Businesses selling on the EE must have dealer agreements in place.

This guy would have been shut down by Site Staff no matter if there were special EE rules for the AK EE or not.

Good luck with your endeavor.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So we'll have two sets of divergent EE rules.  One for AK and one for every other EE forum.

I really don't think Kevin, Stokes and Aimless will appreciate trying to police that sort of thing.

One other item of contention, AK EE mods or not, the guy is in business.  Businesses selling on the EE must have dealer agreements in place.

This guy would have been shut down by Site Staff no matter if there were special EE rules for the AK EE or not.

And Andrei only starting posting things here at the urging of people here.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Personally,I don't have a problem in keeping everything AK related seperate.The items some of the Guys are posting are hard to find and in several instances,rare.Andrei and Stottman are doing all of us a great service by offering items that otherwise would be impossible to find or extravagantly expensive.This is where the distinction should be formed between dime a dozen AR parts and AK items that have been out of production for over 30 years.The Guys across the pond who are offering these items are not in competition with US distributors.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Personally,I don't have a problem in keeping everything AK related seperate.The items some of the Guys are posting are hard to find and in several instances,rare.Andrei and Stottman are doing all of us a great service by offering items that otherwise would be impossible to find or extravagantly expensive.This is where the distinction should be formed between dime a dozen AR parts and AK items that have been out of production for over 30 years.The Guys across the pond who are offering these items are not in competition with US distributors.

IM sent...

I wish you all the best in getting an exception to the "rules".  I sincerely do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I vote johno and travis for moderators of the AK EE, but then again who am i, i'm not even a team member yet.  Their the two people who visit the EE the most, damn Whores! .  Motorcityman

if they did that none of us would ever get anythang good again

damn WHORES
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn WHORES

I'll be working all night without computer access,you've got free reign until tomorrow!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#17]
You know this is one of my pet peeves. Same thing happened to Laukart. Yes he is dealing for commercial purposes. But he is not selling 10,000 kits like some of the other vendors. Now I have to go over to sturmgewehr to see what laukart has. Would your sponsors and advertisers prefer we go elsewhere to watch the EE?

My team membership was a voluntary donation to support the site. Sellers like laukart and russeller don't move nearly as much and have much higher costs and risks.

We probably have a much higher ratio of team members/non over here, could you just consider that payment for some of the small vendors?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#18]
All the more reason we need our own seperate EE.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn WHORES

I'll be working all night without computer access,you've got free reign until tomorrow!

Don't worry Travis will have the night shift covered
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Why not make something in the middle (not a 100% dealer, but something smaller) , or require Andrei to become a gold or silver team member?

Like someone said, its not like he is selling 1000 kits, listing his complete inventory, etc.....

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Actually he was locked for a BTT violation, but since you brought this to my attention Ruseller is a nonpaying dealer so I am going to close out his account. If the magazines etc are coming into the country through a legal importer I'd talk to him about a dealership.

I am sure Andrei is gonna be thrilledthat hes been booted cause someone wanted to complain of his unfair treatment. ( I am not throwing stones or blaming anyone here) Not that it matters but this is the first thing I thought of when I read this thread right after you posted it. Thats like calling the cops cause someone ripped you off while you were trying to buy drugs!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah,I f$#cked up,but as I said before,this is exactly why we need to get our own AK EE and get Aimless and the others out of the equation.By requireing "proof" of legal importation of magazines,are we all subject to provide proof when we post AK mags on the EE?Hell,I have'nt got a clue when,where or how all of my AK mags were imported.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#25]
wasn't there a warning about a ruseller here not long ago?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Aimless,

Please give this consideration. The AK market, particularly the rare items and collectibles is a pretty small little corner of the EE. These guys simply do not have the ability to sell the volume of stuff that the major importers do. Even some of your paid vendors buy items from these people. They have inconsistent supplies and sometimes are successful and sometimes there products go unwanted.

It is an asset to have these folks on AK47.net and I think it is a disservice to your paying members to give them the boot.

It is not difficult for us to see the distinction between a guy like Russeller and a company like Ohio Rapid fire.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#27]
i think that was kinda lame,...all the suff this guy goes thru to get us what we want and this is how the site says thank you,.......

i dont know about the others,.. but i got a membership here just for the AK stuff. i couldent give a damn about the ar-15 side.

this could have been handled diffrently.

glad i have the guys email,.he will definatly get more of my money,..others will not

+1 to what robpiat said.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Andrei only starting posting things here at the urging of people here.....

yes +1  .. This is a big dis-service to this board.  Frankly, these are the best prices we've ever seen on HIGH QUALITY russian mags.  These were absolutely new.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
wasn't there a warning about a ruseller here not long ago?

I ordered on Friday and received the following Monday. Great communication.  The guy was great.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#32]
A happy 'medium' has to hashed out. Come on boys (site staff)....  This isn't like the AR side of things where everything is produced here.  These are hard to find specialty items coming from over sea's.  Locking these guys ONLY HURTS THE MEMBERSHIP base.    

I couldn't agree more he should have some sort of a tweener membership (between dealer and Gold).  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Why not just start up a collection from all the members here who want Russeller to stay to pay for his Dealer Membership. Then he would have all the same rights as other paying dealers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A happy 'medium' has to hashed out. Come on boys (site staff)....  This isn't like the AR side of things where everything is produced here.  These are hard to find specialty items coming from over sea's.  Locking these guys ONLY HURTS THE MEMBERSHIP base.    

I couldn't agree more he should have some sort of a tweener membership (between dealer and Gold).  

Iam equally concerned over the legality of mailing ak mags into the US, if someone wants to research the legality of that and save me the trouble....

I'll do some research tomorrow for you unless somone else posts the answer before then.  

Have to take the kids skiing now.    
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That would be a great solution, different levels of dealer membership, just like with team members. I still do not think site staff was wrong for closing his account for not having a dealer membership when he didn't even have a team membership.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Iam equally concerned over the legality of mailing ak mags into the US, if someone wants to research the legality of that and save me the trouble....

basically heres the deal,...russia to u.s.,..is a nogo,....russia to anywhere, then to the u.s. is fine.

mags are already in the states,.. they are not comming from russia,.at least not directly,..legal loop holes are great sometimes.

thank you for working to close it down for us,..in fact bless your heart for doing it.

seems like your more interested in keeping this guy locked out of this site than anything else.

i seriously do not think anyone is worried about if the mags are legal,.. this is all about money,..

you want him to fork over money to sell items on this site,..right?         right.

so are you going to force everyone to pay to use the EE? think of all the money you will make then.
and for even more money,.. why dont you guys charge per post? i tell ya nothing but $$$$$$

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I've opened up a discussion in the staff forum to address.

First, we all have to abide by the rules set forth in the CoC, as well as advertising in the EE Forum.  If some of the rules need to be changed, then we need to advocate for change.

I know none of us want to lose any members that bring rare items to the EE, myself included.

Let me work on it and I will let you know what I find out.

KF

Regardless of the CoC, it seems like a good source for rare stuff was treated extremely poorly and without the slightest hint of class, perhaps in the interest of selling a dealer subscription.

That sucks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
...AND the money is NOT the key issue.

Ya know, if you weren't you, that'd sound a lot like "They're highway miles" or "I only blew the Cowboys starting line that once, and it didn't mean anything".

We are working on this in the staff forum.

Work faster.  We're ADD, and we've got guns.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I dont like it any more than any one else does. But this is the bottom line. 1 He is a dealer (No matter how small) 2 he was selling stuff on the EE with no form of membership what so ever. Rules were broken bottom line. Now if they start letting people break one rule then wheres it gonna stop? I also think there should be a "Small dealer" or some other membership. Maybe like a percentage of what they sell through the EE but this would work on the trust system which we all know will be exploited. I think it is gonna be bad for all involved and everybody will need to compromise somewhat, to come to an agreement for all parties! I dont think its about the money. I think it is about breaking rules.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I have an opinion on this but it's not going to be popular.

I was wondering when this was going to happen. Ruseller used to have his stuff on ebay, then switched to gunbroker, and now it looks like he is going to have his own site eventually.

He was "invited" to this board to respond to the negative thread about him, not to start selling stuff. His threads selling stuff popped up a few weeks later.

The CoC is very clear. I scrupulously avoid BTT violations when I sell stuff; I answer questions via IM and email and edit the original post with any modified info.

Stottman follows the rules. All the other guys follow the rules. Guys that don't follow the rules get their pee-pee whacked, rightfully so. But you guys are suggesting that Ruseller shouldn't have to follow the rules simply because he has neat stuff that you really, really want.

Hell, I want his stuff. I have a very large order in limbo somewhere since this summer. But that's fine, I can wait.

Ruseller needs to follow the rules. He should get a vendor account. No one here is "special".
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#45]
how much is a dealer account?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Dang that is pricey. IS there a dealer lite membership? I occasionally run into good luck with convincing people to give me a discount on stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#48]
tag for outcome
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Another thread worth paying attention to.............

P.S. A hunski a month is OK if you're selling lot's o' stuff but what if you just sell a teeny weeny amount?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top