Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:02:39 PM EDT
I remeber seeing a website showing a prototype bolt hold open for the AK. I was thinking that adding this to a krebs KTR 03s would make a reliable, yet high speed piece of weaponry. So, does anyone have the link?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if this is what you are after, but it is cheap and quick.  Someone once posted a pic showing an selector that was notched (using a dremel tool and grinding stone) to accomodate the bolt carrier.  With the Yugo (?) mags with bolt hold open being as high as b@lls on a giraffe, I figured I may do this on one of my trunk gun AK's.

You could lay out the hemispherical shape on your selector by eyeballing it, pull your charging handle rearward until it would clear the selector when rotated up by approx .75" mark with scribe.  Dissassemble FCG to get to Selector/safety, notch out approx .375 radius with dremel tool on selector.

I would like to do this to a couple of "spare" selectors, especially for the range and trunk guns.

Not a perm alteration to your AK, but if doing it to a safe queen buy a spare selector for the mod.

Good luck.

If anyone requires I  could do a cadd (with igs/dxf/hpgl/jpg output) layout and send it to you if required.  or modify one for you however the cost would be shipping and sending me an extra selector.

Milling machine is on the way, come on bonus time!!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not sure if this is what you are after, but it is cheap and quick.  Someone once posted a pic showing an selector that was notched (using a dremel tool and grinding stone) to accomodate the bolt carrier.  With the Yugo (?) mags with bolt hold open being as high as b@lls on a giraffe, I figured I may do this on one of my trunk gun AK's.

You could lay out the hemispherical shape on your selector by eyeballing it, pull your charging handle rearward until it would clear the selector when rotated up by approx .75" mark with scribe.  Dissassemble FCG to get to Selector/safety, notch out approx .375 radius with dremel tool on selector.

I would like to do this to a couple of "spare" selectors, especially for the range and trunk guns.

Not a perm alteration to your AK, but if doing it to a safe queen buy a spare selector for the mod.

Good luck.

If anyone requires I  could do a cadd (with igs/dxf/hpgl/jpg output) layout and send it to you if required.  or modify one for you however the cost would be shipping and sending me an extra selector.

Milling machine is on the way, come on bonus time!!!

Good luck

CAD drawing would be excellent...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Red Star Arms makes them, but they are 40 bucks. Easy to dremel your own. Red Star Arms
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.geocities.com/akcatch/

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
A Krebs with a BHO would really be something. Let us know how it goes.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top