Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2005 10:48:35 PM EDT
I know of the Choate, Fiberforce, etc. What I would really like to do is get it to pistol grip and folder. I plan on going all black USA furniture, and swapping the FCG for 922 compliance.

Any suggestions on dealing with the slant cut receiver?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:22:49 PM EDT
You could buy an underfolder and drill a hole through the rec. to mount it. (I think)

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:09:13 AM EDT
i need the exact same answer??? what are all our options??...........................
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 12:20:32 AM EDT by kami211]
standard butt stocks will fit, they just look a little goofy since the seam on the receiver won't match the ridge on the butt.
this pic shows what i mean, this a MAK with a WASR stock set.

you can get K-var furniture and for a folder put on an ACE folder, both styles of ACE adapters will fit but the flush mount one will be exposed a little bit and is said to take a bit of work to get it to fit (not designed for a Chinese AK).

I forgot to mention, if you decide to go with a wood stockset Ironwooddesigns.com makes beautiful stocksets in walnut and laminate. they require a little finish work but are well worth the effort and they fit the angle cut perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:08:56 AM EDT
I was looking into Ironwooddesigns stockset for the Milled receiver MAK $98.00, or a folder but with the Milled receiver I didnt know how (with a folder) I'd fill in that hole in the back, plus I did'nt want to F*** it up. I found under folder stocks for $69.00 how hard would it be to put one on the Milled receiver? Also I would obviously require the proper number of US parts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:02:47 AM EDT

Thanks for your help guys, and the referral kami211, I'm going to go Ironwood until I resolve the folder issue. The ironwood sets are just beautiful.

I would like that flushmount ACE folder, I guess I'll be on the lookout for a MAK-90 straight cut to use the folder setup.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:24 AM EDT
Here's an ironwood set on a slant cut MAK90 - black stain. Had to do a little hand fitting of the stock and then I went ahead and used some acraglas to bed the stub perfectly with the receiver/trunnion - took a little time, but the fit is perfect and you could probably shoot it w/o screwing it down. I split the ironwood hand grip fitting the grip screw spacer so I'm using a plastic one now.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:34:20 AM EDT
Now that looks good, sorry to hear about your grip, I'll be careful with mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:52:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 3:54:25 AM EDT by kami211]

Originally Posted By TheHomelandSoldier:

Thanks for your help guys, and the referral kami211, I'm going to go Ironwood until I resolve the folder issue. The ironwood sets are just beautiful.

I would like that flushmount ACE folder, I guess I'll be on the lookout for a MAK-90 straight cut to use the folder setup.

ACE is rumored to be making a flush mount adapter block specifically for the angle MAK's, supposedly coming very soon. hopefully they'll finally make a version that fits the Chinese straight cut receivers as well.

as for the Ironwood Designs, i got a walnut set and didnt' have any problems with the pistol grip splitting. i did take some time to channel out the lower handguard though, i have a bad habit of burning up Chinese wooden handguards and didn't want it to happen again.
Top Top