Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2005 4:38:22 PM EDT
which is better the one from atlantic firearms or the one from century? i know century uses new barrels but does atlantic use parts kits barrels?

AND WHY IS ATLANTICS SO MUCH HIGHER IN PRICE??
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
atlantic has two different versions. one from ak concepts and another from someone else. if it were me I'd get the one from atlantic with the duracoat.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
atlantic has two different versions. one from ak concepts and another from someone else. if it were me I'd get the one from atlantic with the duracoat.

the yugo or the polish one?? im confused, help me oout alittle, i see they have the polish ak underfolder but do the yugo m-70 come duracoated? thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
the century one will cost you all of 450 with an FFL fee.  can't beat that price...  atlantic, thoguh a FINE company, is asking alot more than just the cost of the duracoat, IMO...  I'd love to know how the two are different besides for that (Since they'll be hewre soon probably I'll probably find out!)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, just saw therad below about a yugo from century crapping out on a newb.  not a good sign!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ok, just saw therad below about a yugo from century crapping out on a newb.  not a good sign!

lol i just saw that too..........maybe thats jsut an isolated one though. we will have to see when these start getting out. i like the idea of century useing new barrels than shot out ones from kits. i wonder how good the barrels are that atlanitc uses
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol i just saw that too..........maybe thats jsut an isolated one though. we will have to see when these start getting out. i like the idea of century useing new barrels than shot out ones from kits. i wonder how good the barrels are that atlanitc uses

I heard that new barrel line too, plus flip night sights (working or not, that's KEWL!)....

I'm sure ATlantic will be here to explain they're higher priced version if poster modifies title to ask.....  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
there we go, i edited the title maybe it will get there attention.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Blaine and all, but he seriously needs to come down on prices if he wants to sell any. My FFL just got in 10 DCI underfolder Yugos from SOG.  He is pricing them at $449 each.  And the barrels are sparkling new.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I like Blaine and all, but he seriously needs to come down on prices if he wants to sell any. My FFL just got in 10 DCI underfolder Yugos from SOG.  He is pricing them at $449 each.  And the barrels are sparkling new.

these are two different animals though.......  it's not like its the same exact rifle.

and he also gives arfkom discounts....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
which is better the one from atlantic firearms or the one from century? i know century uses new barrels but does atlantic use parts kits barrels?

AND WHY IS ATLANTICS SO MUCH HIGHER IN PRICE??

THe Atlantic one's look like they have a nicer finish, and they used original Yugo barrels (which I think is better).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:19:05 AM EDT
[#11]
anyone have a link to the Century M-70?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi there, I'm new to this board and have a question about AKs that are sold both localy and over the internet. What I keep hearing is most of the AKs are built from parts kits and some of the parts might be older than I am, (and thats old) but there is a company that imports new AK type rifles, but they are built on a "rpk" receiver and can't use AK mags, is this correct?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Atlantic got to cherry pick Centerfire's inventory for the best barrels before they went on sale to the public if I remember correctly.  I think Atlantic's Yugo are all original, meaning that the barrel has not been replaced with a U.S. made one.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
if countries with crude manufacturing techniques can manufacture AK barrels, i think it's safe to say the US can make a half decent one.  After all, Romania isn't exactly the CNC capital of the world.

caspian
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
So...in other words...

When I pre-ordered (and pre-paid) my order to CFS for my Yugo underfolder set a year ago...

the a$$holes still let somebody "cherry-pick" out of the inventory when the shipment came in...

AND THAT'S WHY MOST OF US GOT CRAPPY KITS INSTEAD OF "VERY GOOD CONDITON" THAT WE WERE PROMISED!!!

I'll keep that in mind in my future business dealings!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So...in other words...

When I pre-ordered (and pre-paid) my order to CFS for my Yugo underfolder set a year ago...

the a$$holes still let somebody "cherry-pick" out of the inventory when the shipment came in...

AND THAT'S WHY MOST OF US GOT CRAPPY KITS INSTEAD OF "VERY GOOD CONDITON" THAT WE WERE PROMISED!!!

I dont understand How did centers order get cherry picked by atlantic?? how are the 2 related? so this comment is sayiung tha the atlantic barrels are very good to excellent unlike the rest of the kits out there that have shitty barrels?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So...in other words...

I dont understand How did centers order get cherry picked by atlantic?? how are the 2 related? so this comment is sayiung tha the atlantic barrels are very good to excellent unlike the rest of the kits out there that have shitty barrels?

I don't know, they worked something out.  I remember I said something to this extent on gunsnet and Atlantic Firearms confirmed it.  I believe he said something like all the kits they got were A+ or something like that.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top