Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:25:46 AM EDT
I currently have all the necessary parts to build up a Romaninan AK sitting with the lcoal gunsmith, except the Armory receivers are in limbo, so it can't be built.  I had the crazy idea that in the meantime maybe i should just ddrop the money for one of the M70 underfolders, and by the time the Armory USA reciever shows up I will have the money to finish the Romy build.

What say all of the Darksiders?  My guess is the M708 underfolders will jump up in price pretty fast...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Good call, I can always just sell one if I don't want to keep it!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
jump on it
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
yugo! yugo! yugo! yugo! yugo!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, for the money, if the Yogos from SOG turn out to be good.. You can't hardle build one for that price.. And it comes with 2 mags, bayo, sling pouch, cleaning kit.. And the new unknown bbl..

I think I may get one..
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
SOG sold out of them yesterday. They aren't sure when they will get another batch......
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]
DAMMIT!

This has been a crappy month...GT receiver on backorder, can't get any damn 7.62x39, has a CMP 1903A3 sold out from under me.  I just want to spned some damn money on guns already!!!

Well, from what I heard the local gun store has one in stock.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SOG sold out of them yesterday. They aren't sure when they will get another batch......

Did someone tell you this or did you call yourself to order one?  just curious where you got htis info...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I got one of the underfolders from SOG   I think it's great, but I'm not too experienced with AK's.  I have a Romy SAR1 and that is my total AK experience before M70.

I think the M70 was a well done build.  It shoots, and accuracy was a little better than I expected.

Others may have had problems/issues I haven't.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Field strip it and take some pictures of it so the rest of us can see what she looks like. I would like to see how Century handles some of the build issues like the FCG, attaching the gas piston, the quality of the new barrel and the night sites.....

Quoted:
I got one of the underfolders from SOG   I think it's great, but I'm not too experienced with AK's.  I have a Romy SAR1 and that is my total AK experience before M70.

I think the M70 was a well done build.  It shoots, and accuracy was a little better than I expected.

Others may have had problems/issues I haven't.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
HAHA!

I stopped by the local ripoff gunstore, and they had one for $600+tax.  the stock was a bit loose and the bayonet was jammed on.  I decided to go to my local mom and popo gunstore that I frequent (who said they would not get them in) and they had changed their minds...picked it up for $500 out the door.  (A tad expensive, but in stock and I like to support the little shop- they have been good to me int he past). The  wood and finish are immaculate, and the stock is tighter than a...well, you know!  They even had some NIW 75 round romanina drums for $85 out the door, so I picked up one of those too.

FYI, it appears they bead blasted and refinished them without trying to remove the triutium vials/paint, so there are no more night sites left, although the phsyical flip-up metal parts are still intact..  I might have a non-radioactive solution, I'll let you konw how it works out when I try it.  In any case, even the gunsmith at the mom and pop store who hates Century builds was amazed at the quality of the gun.  He pointed out that you can't even get all the parts to build on of them with a barrel of that quality for $400, much less the cost of having someone put it together.

I'll post pics when I get mine.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top