Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:17:09 PM EDT
Quick question for you folks. I know the Russian military is using AK74Ms, which by definition have the folding polymer buttstocks. Do any of the current military issue AK-74s use fixed stocks (i.e. SLR-105 buttstock)? thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, AK74 with fixed laminated stock was an issue weapon in most Russian army units (except airborne and MVD VV units that used mostly AKS74) until 1991, when AK74M appeared, that was to replace both AK74 and AKS74 (with triangle metal stock).  Currently, most army and MVD VV units are already switched to AK74M, but like it always happens in Russian army - there are still a plenty of units that use earlier weapons like AKM, AK74 and AKS74.
So the answer is Yes, there still are fixed stocked AK-74 in use, but these stocks are mostly laminated ones.
Concerning AK74 with plastic non-folding stocks, there were some with some bakelite-type plastic in early 1980s (mine issued AK74 was like that), and some with polyamide type plastic non-folding stock in late 1980 (just like on SLR-105), but both - in very small amounts. Most were laminated.

Regards,
Sergey Podgirin
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top