BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
All pictures in first post show a Photobucket bandwidth exceeded icon.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought one of these yesterday at a gun show, $450.00 plus tax.

I stripped it and gave it a deep cleaning this morning. I am pretty happy with it, although I haven't shot it yet.

It has a flip up sight for a grenade launcher, although I have no clue how to use it. The grenade launcher would be a nice addition.

It also has flip up front and rear tritium sights, but sadly two of the three vials are broken.

The trigger is not a G2, so I will be shopping for a new trigger, or maybe a new FCG?

The wood furniture looks good, the pistol grip is black plastic.

It came with one mag, a leather sling, a bayonet with scabard and leather scabard holder, oiler, cleaning kit, and a cute little plastic trigger lock, in a box that was not all smashed and soiled.

did you say tritium sights???????  they dont mention that in the ad!

The original M70's have flip-up tritium sights.  Althoguh the flip-up hardware is still intact, most if not all these rifles have the tritium vials either frosted from bead blasted or comletely missing from the bead blasting. In any case the tritium is pretty much dead from what I have heard. My rifle has non e of the vials intact., but no big deal.

[ETA] it appears the trunion serial number was intentionally machined off, most likely to avoid having two serial numbers on the side of the rifle. A t leat my rifle did not have matching numbers IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The pics are dead. Sorry guys but I exceeded my bandwidth. I'll have to upgrade my account then they'll be back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
if you want, you can email them to me (no zip files, gmail doesn't like them and deletes them) at armed.ferret(at)gmail.com and i'd see what i can do about hosting them on my cox personal space for you.  i don't get those nasty bandwidth limits.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
PICS ARE BACK!  I just went ahead and upgraded my account. I never had a bandwidth problem until now.  Just shows how many people have been checking out the Yugo pics!

BTW: Still haven't got to shoot mine yet, hopefully it will be soon!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW, that thing must have been sub'd out.

Does the safety correctly line up with the top cover when engaged?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#8]
EESH!  I hope so too! I want to make it a point to get out to the range this week,

And to SteyrAUG: Yes, it lines up nice and straight.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
EESH!  I hope so too! I want to make it a point to get out to the range this week,

And to SteyrAUG: Yes, it lines up nice and straight.

Gonna need a range report. I remember thinking how fabulous those first PTR91s were till I got them to the range.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would be glad to get them for you guys at $479.99 + SH. My connection is showing them "on allocation" which means the are hard to get and come in small quantities. Keep checking back an I will see what I could come up with.
Maybe if I could get some commitments and deposits I could see what I could do for a quantity buy. BUT !!! I WILL NOT take a deposit until I know, 100% without a doubt I can deliver!!!
Just give me a consensus of who might be SERIOUSLY interested and I will see what I can do.

Just talked to my supplier and the demand far out weighs the supply so they are an allocated item. They are the only distributor to carry these along with SOG and no dealer will or can get more than 1 or 2 at a time............Sorry,............ I tried.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
There is no gap between the safety and the dust cover(?) on my rifle. The front pin on the front sight asembly is buggered up a bit, and I have not convinced myself the front sight is not canted. Won't know for sure how it shoots for a few months.

The sandblasting explains the damage to the tritium vials. The intact one is frosted such that it looks white in daylight. One is gone, and one is shattered. The shattered one is on the front sight, and I was able to take it out and put it back in.

The sandblasting also explains the condition of the rifle's nooks and crannies. I stripped it as far down as I could, because there was dirty gritty grease everywhere. I honestly thought the manufacturer used old motor oil with some dirt thrown in it to lube the weapon. Gritty crud. Taking the rifle out of the box it looked very nice. New. Sleak. Dark and short.

But, what is that bit of steel wool doing there between the handgaurds? Is that lint, too? Taking off the upper handguard reveals the need to find a spoon, to scrape this sandy dark grease off of the inside of the wood. I held it over the kitchen sink and hosed it down with brake cleaner to get the sludge out of the receiver and FCG. Now, the gas piston and bolt assembly looked nice and clean, and the barrel was good to go, but there is still grit in the rear sight and the hinges of the folding stock.

What the hell, I'm still happy. It's my second AK, it's what I wanted, and making it "better than new" is kind of fun.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked mine up tonight, woohoo!  I have now officially joined the darkside, and already see the error of my ways in believing the AR-15 to be the endall of EBR's.

[ETA]  Oh, one more small but nifty feature- DCI receivers have a "happy switch" selector location on them, although the gun will not fire ful auto (obviously).  I am curious to see if it will fire when switched to that position.  Guess I need to put her back together and find out!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
[ETA]  Oh, one more small but nifty feature- DCI receivers have a "happy switch" selector location on them, although the gun will not fire ful auto (obviously).  I am curious to see if it will fire when switched to that position.  Guess I need to put her back together and find out!

It will fire semi auto in that position.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
So you guys are ordering from SOG, picking it up at your local FFL and rolling the dice on quality?  Is there a 'handpick' option?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Which Century?  I cant find it on the website!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So you guys are ordering from SOG, picking it up at your local FFL and rolling the dice on quality?  Is there a 'handpick' option?

I personally picked up mine from my local FFL, but all of them come from SOG right now, that is where the supply of them is from.  I would have no hesitation of ordering direct from SOG if you can do that, except from what I understand they are out of stock at the moment, but have ordered more.  I know my local FFL has 3 more on order.

There is no handpick because they are all new guns, just like a WASR-10, and there is no "rolling the dice on quality" any more than purchasing any other newly produced firearm.  

[ETA]  They are not on Century's wbsite, SOG is currently the only people listing them for sale.  Centerfire sent out an email saying they have them for sale to dealers, and AIM Surplus is supposed to have them eventually.  

These things are HOT right now, and hard to come by as pretty much all of them have sold within 3 weeks of being available.  I believe there were about 1000 made (at least 500 if the serial numbering starts at 001 based on my guns number)
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#17]
 My dealer ordered mine today. SOG said thet they are about 3 weeks behind right now. Can't wait my late Christmas present to myself.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I wonder about US made barrels....Commie amo is actually .311 while US-made ammo in7.62x39 is .308. Does anyone know if the US made barrels are in.308 or .311?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally picked up mine from my local FFL, but all of them come from SOG right now, that is where the supply of them is from.  I would have no hesitation of ordering direct from SOG if you can do that, except from what I understand they are out of stock at the moment, but have ordered more.  I know my local FFL has 3 more on order.

There is no handpick because they are all new guns, just like a WASR-10, and there is no "rolling the dice on quality" any more than purchasing any other newly produced firearm.  

[ETA]  They are not on Century's wbsite, SOG is currently the only people listing them for sale.  Centerfire sent out an email saying they have them for sale to dealers, and AIM Surplus is supposed to have them eventually.  

These things are HOT right now, and hard to come by as pretty much all of them have sold within 3 weeks of being available.  I believe there were about 1000 made (at least 500 if the serial numbering starts at 001 based on my guns number)

nope.  JandG has them in paper ads, not on website though - 420$~
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I wonder about US made barrels....Commie amo is actually .311 while US-made ammo in7.62x39 is .308. Does anyone know if the US made barrels are in.308 or .311?

I'll bust out the calipers after I get back from Christmas stuff today.  Mine came with a Hungarian leather sling, which, although very nice and comfortable, is so thick it makes it difficult to actuate the underfolder button.  I got a green cnavas one around here somewhere I might throw on it eventually...

In the meantime, here is a pick of me and my Christmas present to myself, courtesy of my generous boss and the nice Christmas bonus he gave me (i.e, boss gave me bonus check, I spent it on AK...Thanks Chuck!):

[ETA]  Pic fixed, was too big and sideway.  Wow, I need a haircut!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, It would be nice to know. Rifle looks good! I must get mine built ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks good, but how do they shoot ? I'm thinking about getting on the back order list but I don't recall seeing a range report on these yet.

Are the mags that come with the rifle Yugo's with the bolt hold open follower ?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump

The range was closed last weekend and next weekend, but the one after taht I will be taking the M70AB2 and my new AR pistol out for a spin.  I'll report back when I am done...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#24]
nice rifle.

I got to handle one at the recent fun show, site was CANTED like a mofo
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I got to handle one at the recent fun show, site was CANTED like a mofo

Yes, the Century Trademark.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Have we found a source for those of us who are dying to get one?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#30]
What?! Using my pics! Copyright violation!  LOL, JK

Pretty cool though, I don't mind of course.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Is this the same thing you guys are talking about?
www.militarygunsupply.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=FIZASTAVAM70

I just called these guys and they are out of stock but said to call monday to get put on the list.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Maybe still here
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#33]
tagged.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've got 2 coming in next week!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I fired mine today and it was essentially flawless.  I had one bad round of Wolf that caused a FTE, but it was definitely the ammo and not the gun.  

I fired a total of 100 rounds in 5 and ten round strings from 20, 30, and 75 round mags and no problems at all.  Hell, the rifle was only 2 clicks low on elevation for 25 yards which means it would have been daed on at 50.

My first grou of 5 rounds was at 25 yards offhand and I shit you not I could have covered it with a silver dollar...all five holes touched!  This is from an underfolder shooting Wolf and a guy who can't shoot better than a 2" group offhand with an AR-15 at that range.  

Consider me officially a member of the darkside!

Without a doubt the rifle was worth every penny I paid for it.  Get one if you can find one, you won't be disappointed. I am already referring to her as "my little Lisica" (Serbian word roughly translated  to "vixen" or "bitch") as she got a lot of attention at the range and i love to fondle her whenever I get the chance!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I can agree with the above post, I was lucky enough to get one from the first batch and at 75 yards I could hit the paper right out of the box. They do need a good cleaning before shooting, like any new gun, there is a good amount of sand blast grit to get out. Overall it's a hell of a deal for under 500 bucks, mine even came with a yugo BHO mag.

We do need to find a source for some new tritium for those flip up night sights, very cool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks gorgeous, I may be getting one, but what are US parts on these guys? I know Receiver is DCI and barrel is US, and I figure muzzle break is, but that still leaves 3 more. Is it the FCG or what other parts??
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#38]
U.S parts are as follows (as fara as I can tell)

1. Receiver
2. Barrel (they made new barrels since the original ones were rotten)
3. muzzle brake (stmaped "c" for "Century")
4.-6.  fire control group - sear, trigger, hammer

the nice thing is with the new barrel they were able to keep the Yugo pistol grip- early pics of these guns showed a standard AK pistol grip, probably a U.S. made one.  But all the guns seem to have the Yugo grip.

I guess the upside to this barrel ban nonsense is we will have one more U.S. made part available from vendors at some point.  Yeah, I know, kinda like being thankful you only lost one arm instead of both of them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I just had my FFL place a backorder for one from Southern Ohio Gun $395.00
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top