Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:49:23 AM EDT
abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=nation_world&id=3718176

...The law in Iraq restricts each citizen to only one AK-47 assault rifle and since you can buy them on the street here for about $50, it is a law that is routinely ignored.

For the next few days the law says that people have to leave those assault weapons at home and very few will be allowed out on the road to drive. These are some of the new laws put into effect to safe guard the election, and now we'll see if those laws are followed...

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
For $50, I'll take 10 please.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]
dumbass law in my opinion (or any gun control law), one rifle and 250 rounds of ammo  it's not like the country could be on the brink of civil war or anything.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell,  at $50, I'd take a 100 plus lots of ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, and from some of the guns I saw over there you could get a pretty penny here. I used a double underfolder Polytech that was burned up in a fire to spike trash that I was picking up. Whats the legality of importing kits from iraq? Is that $50 us or is that in Dinar? Cause that would be a couple bucks to us!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
And that $50 AK is also full auto.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And that $50 AK is also full auto.

you lie...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
dumbass law in my opinion (or any gun control law), one rifle and 250 rounds of ammo  it's not like the country could be on the brink of civil war or anything.

When the army has orders to shoot anyone armed while the elections are going on this may not be such a bad idea.  As for having only 1 rifle, you know how well that will be followed, just keep it off the street for the next few days.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Iraqi folks I knew would laugh you out of the country if you tried to sell them a semi-auto only AK-47 (Kalishnakov to them).  They probably don't know they exist.  

I saw some pristine Russian SKS rifles(Siminov to them) with laminated stocks.  They were looked down upon because they would only shoot "one by one" and held only ten rounds.  

$50 sounds a little cheap but probably not far off.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top