User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell us?????

Please tell the board.  Maybe you've resorted to defamation as a last resort.....

Where are your other complaints????   post them now...!!!!

BigAl
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Now for the jig kits
By my second post I had received 2 IMs One about the kits, one about the jig kits. 4th post is where they come out. At this point, I remembered a board member who got burned on a jig kit out of KY, right as he returned from Iraq. I tried to contact him, with no luck.
Follow the posts where the original accuser said he was mistaken. I didn't even know this guy made a jig kit, until I was told he did, and that any issues he had were taken care of. (I was unaware that he built a kit, or had issues until his "friends" brought it up in their emails.)

Is that the best you have??  what kinda chinese bulllsit is that?!?!?! (sorry bluejack)[/b

]
So, exactly how many complaints do you have........

I'm amazed i'm not banned yet...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You are killing me.   Where both of the purchases made within a 48 hour time frame...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
buttercup????  how sweet...
I must be that stupid.. the only complaints i see are you and another  within 48 hours)...maybe paypal?????
\

i thought you did your homework....?  Grade =F.....

wow, seems your getting spastic....

why can't you admit it...you F'D up...big time F' up,,,,,,,

BigAl
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why people still use Paypal and put anything in the message portion that could lead PP to believe it might be gun related is beyond me.

Why not put gun related on everything you buy with paypal?

Get paypal to shut down some big accounts and see if they change their mind after a few mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#11]
What a way to build up a post count..God Bless America
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#12]
All I see so far is paypal refused to honor the payment untill the transaction was verified. in the mean time, 555th gets banned, libled, and slandered... like it's his fault paypal suspended payment. You can see his credit card was charged. ANd he said , in the email that was posted that "if paypal doesn't pay up soon, I'll send a money order"

How is that not promising to pay?

555th PAID, and paypal screwed everybody.

The large $$$ transaction problems are obviously  paypal's fault. And the mod and everybody else jumped on 555th like it was his fault and responsibility for paypal halting the transaction, and demanding instant gratification over something that was not under 555th's control.

That is what I, a "3rd party" sees based on what you all have posted here.

In other words, it's a bunch of BS as far as I Can tell.  especialy with the person refusing to accept payment from 555th's friend,

and insisting the cops get involved so quickly, before everythign could get sorted out.

Dear MODs

, lots of people's computers automaticaly log you in, wether or not you actually check your PMs ... I have gotten online many times and not checked a PM that was sitting there. Not checking a PM is not an admition of guilt. ANd you said yourself that some emails bounced back... that means the email address is extinct...

At this point, judge Judy would have thrown the case out of court, and told the whiners to STFU.   WHY?!?!?!

(rememeber, just my impartial opinion, based on the facts provided)  

555th has dealt honestly with a lot of people during the year that I have been online here and elsewhere in the firearms community., and it is obviouse that SOMEBODY was overreacting. especially now that the facts are known (AKA paypal froze the funds, even though 555th made payment in good faith)  

IF you have more info, by all means, lets see that dirty laundry. but based on the info to date, all I can see is people acting jaded over a paypal screwup, and slandering a good man's name (instead of placing blame where it is needed (paypal sucks) )

IF you have real proof of wrong doing, please share it, because we DO need to keep bad people away. But so far you have shown nothing showing 555th intentionaly violated you (or anybody else) And have, instead, burst in an emmotional rant. I understand that from paypal's letter to you, it would seem that "unauthorized funds" were involved, but on 555th's end they were just asking for a verification.

(and what is this about a magazine that has not been paid for, and jigs that people ahve not received?) lets heat it! IF there is something going on, we deserve to hear about it. YOu can't just start something like this and not finish it, you can't just leave us hanging after accusing 555th of such heinouse crimes. IF he's scamming people, we deserve to know about it, and if he is not, then he deserves an appology and reinstatement of his membership.

YOu can't just make an accusation, and then say "forget about it, he's bad, he's banished, case closed" because so far, you have not shown any wrong doing on his part.  lets see the proof. lets hear from those people who supposedly are "flooding" you with emails about naughty 555th.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I remember when folks was defending the Gooch so much when A few of us made post about where's our property and why's it takeing so long. I always send a closure email to make sure who I was dealing with got there MONEY or Product in the shape they thought they was  getting. Curtis should have done the same. The DEAL isn't done till I get everything is cool email or phone call. Damn the ...                                              WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

WarDawg, I am the same way. When I sell something with PP, I never transfer the money out until after I have heard from the buyer, that he is pleased. I know people are pissed at PP, but the only complaint I have is that stupid 3% charge!  

edited because  I don't want to start  a bunch of BS

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I would like to thank the GREAT guys who know me and stood up for me, while others were trying to destroy my good name and reputation.

I would also like anyone who has been following this thread to take a good lesson from this, My paypal account was in good standing as was my CC. Both of these guys were paid and my card was charged, for absolutely no reason, PayPal decided to withdraw the funds from jeepcreep and blaze without a reason and with out even letting me know that they did. On my paypal account it still shows that they were paid, All I get on the account is that my account has been limited due to "unusual purchases" and some steps to go about fixing it (letting paypal charge me $1.95 and reporting back to them a charge #) which I did!! I will pay with a money order from here on out on all purchases I make online.

"the evil" 555th
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All I see so far is paypal refused to honor the payment untill the transaction was verified. in the mean time, 555th gets banned, libled, and slandered... like it's his fault paypal suspended payment. You can see his credit card was charged. ANd he said , in the email that was posted that "if paypal doesn't pay up soon, I'll send a money order"

How is that not promising to pay?

555th PAID, and paypal screwed everybody.

The large $$$ transaction problems are obviously  paypal's fault. And the mod and everybody else jumped on 555th like it was his fault and responsibility for paypal halting the transaction, and demanding instant gratification over something that was not under 555th's control.

That is what I, a "3rd party" sees based on what you all have posted here.

In other words, it's a bunch of BS as far as I Can tell.  especialy with the person refusing to accept payment from 555th's friend,

and insisting the cops get involved so quickly, before everythign could get sorted out.

Dear MODs

, lots of people's computers automaticaly log you in, wether or not you actually check your PMs ... I have gotten online many times and not checked a PM that was sitting there. Not checking a PM is not an admition of guilt. ANd you said yourself that some emails bounced back... that means the email address is extinct... his WHY?!?!?!

(rememeber, just my impartial opinion, based on the facts provided)  

555th has dealt honestly with a lot of people during the year that I have been online here and elsewhere in the firearms community., and it is obviouse that SOMEBODY was overreacting. especially now that the facts are known (AKA paypal froze the funds, even though 555th made payment in good faith)  

IF you have more info, by all means, lets see that dirty laundry. but based on the info to date, all I can see is people acting jaded over a paypal screwup, and slandering a good man's name (instead of placing blame where it is needed (paypal sucks) )

IF you have real proof of wrong doing, please share it, because we DO need to keep bad people away. But so far you have shown nothing showing 555th intentionaly violated you (or anybody else) And have, instead, burst in an emmotional rant. I understand that from paypal's letter to you, it would seem that "unauthorized funds" were involved, but on 555th's end they were just asking for a verification.

(and what is this about a magazine that has not been paid for, and jigs that people ahve not received?) lets heat it! IF there is something going on, we deserve to hear about it. YOu can't just start something like this and not finish it, you can't just leave us hanging after accusing 555th of such heinouse crimes. IF he's scamming people, we deserve to know about it, and if he is not, then he deserves an appology and reinstatement of his membership.

YOu can't just make an accusation, and then say "forget about it, he's bad, he's banished, case closed" because so far, you have not shown any wrong doing on his part.  lets see the proof. lets hear from those people who supposedly are "flooding" you with emails about naughty 555th.

hr

an apology is due....

BigAl
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn,I love a happy ending!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#19]
group hug....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Well ... I'm glad that's resolved ...

Now 'bout that magazine ...........................

I might like to own that thing ....

I've got a Chinese Mag pouch that will hold a 40 lb Robin .... How ya trade Jeep .. ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell,now I'm confused again,looks like Jeep has tried to make things right and get past this thing,is 555th working toward a solution?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I lurked here before...Joined when the lies started....alot of people know me from other boards..

Curt doen't need me to defend  himself, he only needs a chance..which is hard to do if you're banned...remember the first amendment...???

Curt is my good friend, only because he is honest and a stand up guy. you can ask anyone...

I except no less from my friends, be right, be just...he is all that, a good friend...one you can count on....honest, trustworthy

I would still like to know about your other complaints..if there were any...tell us all

your mag is in the mail......

i'm glad i amuse you.  i like to make people happy.  i hope you are happy.

PS..there was no guilty, except in your mind...Your "cause" had nothing to do with Blazer getting his $$$$....If you're not hiding, where all the other cheated victoms you ranted about.....

BigAl

Guess not?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought the mag from jeep creep. I plan on keeping it. I think it will be a great reminder to me of jeep creep and paypal. I have payed for it once already. Although paypal has screwed things up. I have emailed jeep creep twice today asking for any mailing address to send a money order. I even offed to meet him halfway and pay him face to face. He has replied twice and twice no address has been given. My good friend HillbillyAl, who has been a big part in getting this paypal fuckup straightened out has offered to pay jeep creep by paypal, since my account is limited due to "unusual purchases". I still would like to pay for the mag with a money order or cash.....what ever it takes. I hate that this has happened, I called blaze on the phone and everything is good with him. He still owes me a rivet jig and a reciever, but I am sure he is a good guy and I hope his Labor Day plans go well now.

jeep creep will be payed, if I have to walk to his house and pay him. He has been offered payment 3 times and has not accepted. I would like this 555th bashing to be over more than any one here and I have done the best anyone could do to try and make things right. I have the cash to send a money order and am willing to meet the guy and pay him in person. I have friends willing to paypal him while paypal is messing with me.  Some one tell me what else I can do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell,I hope we all have a wonderful Labor Day,Oh yeah.....I've gotta work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#30]
well, I for one, am happy that this has been resolved. group hug?!?!?!

Learn a leason grasshoppers. Don't trust paypal.  I know it makes things more difficult, but postal money order remains the safest method.

Lets not let paypal get it's rocks off by destroying our trust in eachother. Screw paypal. I say boycot those bat rasterds.

I will continue to only use postal money orders for online transactions between individuals in the gun community.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#31]
damn  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some one tell me what else I can do.

Yes, I have refused payment via PMO from 555th. My understanding is that we were going to wait until this mess with Paypal is straight? Isn't that what we decided? Am I bugging you for the money?

No, but you still appear to playing the holier-than-thou martyr, while not offering an alternate method to allow him to send the funds.

While we are at it, why don't we just throw all the cards on the table? Why don't you tell everybody, that Al wasn't offering to pay out of his pocket, but that he actually owed you the money, and sent it to Blazenet instead! I believe that changes the perspective a bit eh?

I don't see how it changes the perspective, seems like they are friends.   My friends and I typically have a revolving balance - we go out, one will pick up the tab, etc.   At any one point, someone could owe another a couple of hundred bucks.   Since 555th apparently doesn't have access to PayPal, his buddy took care of it.   Doesn't seem off to me.

From an outsideres view, it certainly seemed like the gun was jumped here.    I still haven't seen any evidence of the "bunch of emails", which certainly suggested at the time, that there were many folks coming forward.   Is "bunch of emails" just like the 10/22 and the .38 that the media calls an "arsenal"?

Is there any evidence that paypal did anything other than freeze the funds, on their own?   Likely on one of their anti-gun crusades?   Seems like all the other entries in the EE feedback forum allow for a time of resolution before all the big accusations come out.   Doesn't seem like that was followed here - wonder why...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#33]

While we are at it, why don't we just throw all the cards on the table? Why don't you tell everybody, that Al wasn't offering to pay out of his pocket, but that he actually owed you the money, and sent it to Blazenet instead! I believe that changes the perspective a bit eh?

uhh..and this changes things how?  i owed 555th a couple of hundred bucks for a kit i bought off him last week, big deal.  it was far from the amount i payed blaze.  i still would have payed it for him, with or without the debt.  

you're doing a fantastic job at avoiding your original accusations...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Here is some more for the table.......

by email:
>
>It was absolutely belief in me. Over the years I have owed Al $$$$ and he
>has owed me $$$$. We keep track by what the other guy needs . I bought the
>krink kit because I knew Al was wanting one. If he didn't want it I'd keep
>it, money didn't matter. Al is my friend and he paypaled out of pure belief.
>I don't give a shit what your paypal balance is. $1,500 does not impress me.
>You are trying to keep this bullshit going. I insist on paying you although
>you have tried to write it off and make yourself look like a victum. Be a
>man and allow me to pay you now and end this.
>
>>From: "jeepcreep" <[email protected]>
>>Reply-To: <[email protected]>
>>To: "Curtis Davis" <_c.com>
>>Subject: Re: Thanks
>>Date: Sun,  4 Sep 2005 19:52:17 -0400
>>
>>
>>My "cash balance" in PayPal at the moment is over $1,500. I have 2 more
>>eBay auctions ending, at nearly $500/ea. I am not hurting for money in the
>>PayPal account. I will be happy to wait.
>>
>>I do however feel it was very  mis-leading on you guys behalf to let the
>>people "think" that AL paid Blazenet out of his pocket, out of belief in
>>you, and not out of a debt to you.
>>
>>
>>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
>>From: "Curtis Davis" <[email protected]>
>>Date:  Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:29:41 -0400
>>
>> >No, I am not stupid at all and I don't think you are either, but you have
>>my
>> >address. If you are willing for paypal to set things straight, that will
>>be
>> >fine with me, I would rather pay you another way, since it was paypal
>>that
>> >started this problem. I really don't want you to have to wait. I want to
>>pay
>> >you ASAP. It was you that attacked me.  Please reconsider
>> >
>> >
>> >>From: "jeepcreep" <[email protected]>
>> >>Reply-To: <[email protected]>
>> >>To: "Curtis Davis" <[email protected]>
>> >>Subject: Re: Thanks
>> >>Date: Sun,  4 Sep 2005 13:56:44 -0400
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>Since the ball is in my court, I believe the prudent thing for me to do
>>is
>> >>wait for PayPal to resolve the "issue". I have provided them with all
>>the
>> >>information they asked for in the request. I have no doubt that I will
>>get
>> >>my money or product. I have sold over $2,000 worth of knives on eBay in
>>the
>> >>last couple weeks, all paid with PP, and not an inch of trouble. As I
>> >>recall, it was a poster who brought up the issue of the jig
>>kits(JimTash),
>> >>it was also him that apologized.  I understand what you are saying about
>> >>"meeting me in person", and I know you aren't that stupid. I am trying
>>to
>> >>work out a resolution for this "issue", and you want to propogate it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:08:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Always funny how these guys are so accomidating once things go public, but completely unresponsive when you e-mail them 50 times off the board -- also odd how people who were lurking with no posts for a long time suddenly decide the time to make new friends is when it's time to defend their buddy who is dealing under atleast suspicious circumstances.

Anyway, all can add about any of this is that I have seen Jeepcreep work very hard to protect people on this board from EE riff-raff!  As he stated in a previous post, he helped lock a guy out of here in response to his abuse on another forum (Jeepcreep saw the post on another website and contacted me to help without any solicitation on my part).  Even if there is some confusion whether there was some sort of malfeasance her on 555th's part (looks atleast questionable to me), I have no doubt Jeepcreep has pursued this as an attempt to protect board members and not as some personal grudge as some have tried to portray.  I am sure 555th was not "silenced" to shut him up, but rather to make sure nobody else was gonna get cheated until things were straightened out -- let's not make it some horseshit 1st amendment issue.  

Thanks for your continued good work Jeepcreep!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#37]
troll???  that's pretty funny...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Always funny how these guys are so accomidating once things go public, but completely unresponsive when you e-mail them 50 times off the board -- also odd how people who were lurking with no posts for a long time suddenly decide the time to make new friends is when it's time to defend their buddy who is dealing under atleast suspicious circumstances.

Anyway, all can add about any of this is that I have seen Jeepcreep work very hard to protect people on this board from EE riff-raff!  As he stated in a previous post, he helped lock a guy out of here in response to his abuse on another forum (Jeepcreep saw the post on another website and contacted me to help without any solicitation on my part).  Even if there is some confusion whether there was some sort of malfeasance her on 555th's part (looks atleast questionable to me), I have no doubt Jeepcreep has pursued this as an attempt to protect board members and not as some personal grudge as some have tried to portray.  I am sure 555th was not "silenced" to shut him up, but rather to make sure nobody else was gonna get cheated until things were straightened out -- let's not make it some horseshit 1st amendment issue.  

Thanks for your continued good work Jeepcreep!

He emailed me once and I replied as soon as I got home from work.  I even got my phone # to him from a Moderator on another board.  

I've bought and sold things on many gunboards and have never been anything but honest, My profile has even been posted here on this thread.  

Jeep creep has made a big deal out of a paypal fuckup and has tried to make me out as some kind of scam artist  that commits "felonies" by using the "Post Office". He is too arrogant to admit he made a mistake. He denied other means of payment so that he can keep this "who has been screwed by 555th" thread at the top of this board and feel like he's some sort of a victum that I have tried to cheat.

Most everyone that has posted on this thread knows me personally or have had dealings with me some time in the past. The only people that can't see that jeepcreep fucked up are you and jeep creep.

All it would take to resolve this is to allow me to pay him and an appology. I doubt either of those will happen.

Hopefull one day paypal will fuck with you and jeepcreep and I hope I'm there to see it.

Good job jeepcreep, keep up the good work!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey -- I hope it all works out!!  In the end things will wash out.  Hopefully if an error was made on either side of it the person in the wrong will step up.  I just wanted to state that I believe Jeepcreep's motives to be pure -- whether he is right or wrong is between you two.  I wish you good luck with it (not sure why you felt the need to wish me ill, but hey -- different strokes.........).
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Will wait until Tuesday when something other than speculation can actually be DONE with this.  Other mods/staff may unlock for request.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top