Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn,Chef Boyardee is teaching weapons classes......

something tells me their PT program is pretty lax over there.

either that or he just doesn't pass.

You have not seen many American soldiers have you? There are some fatties there as well.. Just have to be able to pass the fat test, which is not very accurate.. Just have to have a fat neck.

Quoted:
That must be the school for rich Russian kids.  They have nice cloths and the one girl even has a cell phone.  Good class though!

Brick

Actually, thats just Russian culture.. They just dont put the priorities in the same place that most of us would.. My wife's father makes something like $600 a month in Estonia, but has no problems buying his teenage daughter a cell phone, as well as spending 100s on clothes for her everytime they visit. They dont really spend much money, and their basic cost of living is not that much.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
And if he rides the ferry across the bay and gets a shitty job in Helsinki, he can make twice that and still live in a country were the average wage is unbelievably low.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sure you can, with a HEFTY price tag.

There are 0 (zero) fully transferable Russian AK74's in the US

Remember that LBJ banned imported NFA weapons in '68.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats with the puzzle piece cammo?
www.webpark.ru/uploads3/spec_naz_6.jpg

I think that that is a WW2 russian camo pattern.  Interesting that he is wearing it.  Some kind of Russian militia, hoping for the good old days?

WWII cammo?
I didn't even think they had any untill the 60's or 70's. But i've never gotton into that stuff.
He is no doubt dreams of the bad old Soviet days and how he would have killed a lot of Ze-Germenz.

They had quite a few diffrent patterns during WW2.  They were issued to the snipers and the scouts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember a book I read in the early 80's by some Russian General who defected, describing how the russian military operated day-to-day. It was an eye opening, thought provoking book. For instance, there is no boot camp. Military training starts in grade school for boys AND girls, and by the end of high school, they are fully trained and boys go straight to their assigned units.
Can you imagine how loud the liberals would scream in this country if the USA did the same thing?

OJF
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I remember a book I read in the early 80's by some Russian General who defected, describing how the russian military operated day-to-day. It was an eye opening, thought provoking book. For instance, there is no boot camp. Military training starts in grade school for boys AND girls, and by the end of high school, they are fully trained and boys go straight to their assigned units.
Can you imagine how loud the liberals would scream in this country if the USA did the same thing?

OJF

Yeah, we'd have to listen to them all the way from their assigned posts in Antarctica...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And if he rides the ferry across the bay and gets a shitty job in Helsinki, he can make twice that and still live in a country were the average wage is unbelievably low.

Actually thats not really true.. Tallinn (the capital of Estonia) is rapidly matching prices in the rest of the EU.. Last year was the first time I had been there in 4 years. I was very suprised on how expensive everything got... A had to struggle to find a decent hotel that was under 100 Euros. Compare that to 3 or 4 years prior, when 100 Euros would get almost get you a pent house suite in the best hotel in town..

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Good. One of my former coworkers was from Estonia. She had given me a lot of info...but this kind of stuff is always past history in a decent country.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Good. One of my former coworkers was from Estonia. She had given me a lot of info...but this kind of stuff is always past history in a decent country.

Tallinn is a neatl city, but has started to get touristy..  If you get bored-
photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/Tallinn/
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
with teeth like that, i'd expect that girl to be puttin away acorns for the winter.

Definitely some Black and Decker Pecker Wreckers!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Young Pioneers.  Kind of like the Hitler Youth in that they were grooming for and run by the Communist  party.  Nothing like getting merit badges for the fastest field strip of an AK74.

Here's kids in school learning to field strip a AK-74M.

img364.imageshack.us/img364/8204/russia017mx.jpg

img356.imageshack.us/img356/2393/russia028eg.jpg

img363.imageshack.us/img363/8441/russia032yw.jpg

img395.imageshack.us/img395/1365/russia049ug.jpg

Whoa.

I'll bet those are even FA, something responsible, Law abiding ADULTS can't even get in this country.

Can you even get an AK74 that was pre-86 in the USA?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 0 (zero) fully transferable Russian AK74's in the US

Remember that LBJ banned imported NFA weapons in '68.

What about home-grown AK-74s built on parts kits?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw an AKS74U someone had done on a Chinese (transferable) receiver that looked really sweet, so if you got the beans then I would think it's possibble. (They changed out the rails etc..)

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
with teeth like that, i'd expect that girl to be puttin away acorns for the winter.

Definitely some Black and Decker Pecker Wreckers!

No worse than Ivan with the BCG's..  They're made for each other.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top