Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:28:57 PM EDT
I would like to mount an Aimpoint from another rifle on my AK ( SLR-95 ). I'm not much of an AK guy, but I have seen a couple of the options out there.

The mount that replaces the rear sight is good looking,and seems more my style, but then you loose that sight.

The gas tube mount puts the Aimpoint out there in front for speed, but how well do these hold zero ?

It's time to start working on my AK.

I would like to turn it ( milled receiver ) into a underfolder ( after the ban sunsets ). Mount a solid Aimpoint on it, and any other things you guys might advise to make it a more tactical CQB weapon.

Thanks for any advise,
KZ
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:42:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:49:01 AM EDT
Ultimaks have good reviews, and there are several other models which use the side rail mount and have a weaver rail on top of the bracket.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 2:13:33 PM EDT
keep it posted how you make out i want to put a red dot on my SLR, already have the mount on the side of the receiver so leanin towards a slip on with weaver rail now
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:54:39 PM EDT
I replied to the first link posted above (in July 2003). Since then I've run about a case and half through said rifle and have noticed NO change in zero (my concerns have been unfounded as we speak).

The only down side so far is cleaning (it's a pain), since you shouldn’t remove it unless you want to re-zero.

As I replied in July, the cheek weld is natural and superb (much better then the Kobra)!
Top Top