BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 6:02:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard from more than one source that there are early NDM-86 rifles that were made by the Soviet's for China. I've never actually seen one, but have been told they are paint over park, and the later NDM's I have seen aren't finished like that.

A local FFL who collect Dragunuv's told me to look for a red velvet case and five extra magazines, along with the rest of the accessories (scope, paperwork, etc) and said that would make the early import NDM-86 worth ~ $3200.

That's all I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the N in NDM is for Norinco.

I would like to see a posted fax of this documentation.  Sounds faked to me.  I think someone may have pulled one over on him Ken.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
www.dragunov.net/ndm86.html

and the FAQ page--
www.dragunov.net/faq.html

Apparently the 7.62 russian cal. is rarer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Naturally the NDM is a Chinese designation, but it is often said that some of the 7.62x54r "NDM" rifles were in fact originally Russian made.  

It's credible, IMO.  Some owners have even reported Russian proof marks on some parts.  

Either way, the NDM in 7.62x54r is essentially identical to a Russian example in quality and appearance.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the guy selling it named "Daniel King" ??    If so, I've got lots of interesting emails...

I've heard the same rumor, that all 7.62x54R NDM-86's are Russian, and that the .308 rifles were actually Chinese made.

Hey, if you're going to pass on it, and it's not Dan King selling the rifle, I might be interested!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Various people that are into these things big time call BS. Go to www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=507 and rummage. This came up not to long ago for an NDM being offered on gunbroker. The 7.62x54R's are more expensive because there are fewer of them in the US by a 2:1 margin than the .308's.

CW
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top