Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/11/2003 4:25:27 PM EDT
I have really missed him around here , Getting to old to do all the work around here my self. It will be good to see him in a Dress Green Uniform sporting a marroon Beret ( No not a black one) . He will be on his way to Ft Bragg around the 4 of Jan. He will be assinged to 20 replacement then on to Divarty (Damn Gun Bunnies) Then probally on his way to Iraq. Its hard to think of your son as a Warrior ,when you have had to change his diapers. He was born at Womack Army Hospital and now the circle is complete , he shall return to his place of birth. Though not as a baby but as a True American Warrior, one who joined not for the college money but during a time of war when his country needed him

I am one Proud Father.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:31:48 PM EDT
I spent four and ahalf years at Pope AFB and plenty of time at Womack with my kids....you could always tell when the 82d was doing night drops out on the drop zones.....Emergency Room would have plenty of business with twisted, sprained, and broken ankles...

I have alot of respect for those guys wearing the Maroon Beret. God Bless them all. Enjoy your christmas present and wishing your son a safe deployment.

Krinkfreak
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:15:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:53:26 PM EDT
I've never been troubled much by envy of other men. But, I do envy you that paratrooper son!

Make damned sure you tell him at least once a day how proud we all are that we stand under the same flag that he does!

Best,

SD
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:57:41 PM EDT
Yeah, it seems he and I were going round and round about every thing before he left (Damned baggy pants for starters). Now I get to hear those magic words.

Damn dad you were right.

Got all his little lovelies calling all the time wondering when he is gonna return. Have to keep reminding him to keep his little dude in MOPP4 while he is at home on leave. I have 19 years between my oldest and my youngest children and I am not ready to be a Grandpa any time soon.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:52:12 PM EDT
I salute him for his service to our nation. Hooah!

CWO
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:58:02 PM EDT
Congrats! Hope ya'll have a fantastic Holiday Season!

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:04:05 AM EDT
Congrats and tell him thank you for serving. I understand where you are coming from. We just signed for our son to go Army National Guard. Combat engineer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:55:43 AM EDT
MrsWildweasel

My mother had to sign for me when I first joined ,A very long time ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:57:48 AM EDT
Congratulations there XMan.

I hope you have a fine holiday with your son. And I'll pray for his safe return, also.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:48:15 AM EDT
Just tried on the Dress Blues,,, still fit I think I will dig out the Drill Sgt. hat ,and make him get a picture taken with the old man.
Top Top