Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/11/2003 12:46:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't sugar coat it Campy,tell us how you really feel!BTW,I feel the same way.Great job on the typeII,he definately has something special.I need a typeII,a typeI would be good too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle.  What make receiver is that?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Chill my brother, Chill!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't sugar coat it Campy,tell us how you really feel!BTW,I feel the same way.Great job on the typeII,he definately has something special.I need a typeII,a typeI would be good too.

northridge has typeII and typeIII parts sets.
www.northridgeinc.com/sp_kit.htm
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
 Is that an AKM buttstock with a different rear trunnion angle?  Or different wood?
 How does the moredropattheheel make it handle?
 Glad you posted the picture.  Analog is alchemy, digital you have to do.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
msh, it's a clone of the "Type II" AK-47, which featured an extension for attaching the buttstock which was later deleted when they went to tangs/screws system.  

Russian "Type II" kits showed up stateside recently by way of Isreal.  Mostly captured PLO weapons chopped up into kits.

I'm assuming that the type II extension was grafted onto a Firing Line US-made milled receiver.

Looks like the owner wanted to keep it looking like it did just before getting the chop, rather then refinishing all the parts together to make it look new.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice man! Where did he find the parts kit?

Info on the parts kit please! Owning a parts kit built up onto a Firing Line reciever that was once a PLO weapon would be neat as hell.. Just for historical reasons of course... fuck the PLO..

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Very nice man! Where did he find the parts kit?

Info on the parts kit please! Owning a parts kit built up onto a Firing Line reciever that was once a PLO weapon would be neat as hell.. Just for historical reasons of course... fuck the PLO..

link for parts kit from my post above
www.northridgeinc.com/sp_kit.htm
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the link EX11B,I've known the parts kits have been in the Country but I have'nt seen a milled receiver with the typeII rear extension.It may be time to give my old Buddy Troy Sellars a call!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice rifle. I wonder if you could apply that type of build to a milled mak-90? Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#11]
That looks awesome, especially with the slab sided mag! Damn that looks better than the g-tech slr100h's withthe hungarian parts. What a work of art!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
a type II kit can be grafted onto a full centerfire receiver, but the result would not be as authentic as the sectioned receiver approach...another creative example of thinking outside the box.

What is a centerfire receiver.  Is this another source for milled receivers?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Campy meant Firing Line receivers in Wyandotte Oklahoma. They have some reject receivers cheap for this kind of project. I might add, that this is the nicest (and ONLY) Type II semi auto in the country! Great job mg34s!!!!
I will send out your Type II selector this week!
Finally, a slab side mag in the gun it belongs in! I beleive he is planning on bluing it eventually... another tough step....espeically with welded parts.... what a great build.
I am ordering a reject receiver from Firing Line
soon!
-C
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]
;) it's not often I get a chance to Campy!
My pleasure!  hehehehe
-C
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Campy, The T1 is ridiculous in it's construction. I fondled (the hell out of) a mint 1951 Type I parts kit last weekend, and it is very interesting indeed. But would be very difficult to do right. It is neat to see the cutaway parts where they were cut to see  the cross sectional views. unfortunately, some of the trunion area was cut too. This may be my next project after the Type II (and early 74, late 74, RPK-74 projects...ARGH!)
-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top