Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 6:09:08 AM EDT
ok, i've been looking into these things and i heard how they're fairly good and more accurate than the ak, so i was wondering where there's a cheap sks, maybe $250 dollars or less.. that takes high capacity mags, and do they use 7.62x39 bullets?  maybe you can recommend me some sites where they sell some at.

kthxbye
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the thing. Campy is correct about the D model.  They are no longer imported.  They can be found for $300 to $400.  Very rarely someone who does not know what they go for will sell one for less.  Given the constraints of being 14 and somewhat limited to what your parents will allow you to buy I still suggest the Yugo with 10 round fixed mag.  This is an excellent first rifle and reloading with stripper clips is fast once you get the hang of it.  It would allow you to spend that extra money on ammo without having a large investment in accessories.  

While the duckbill mags are out there, they are illegal to install on any sks that was imported after 1994.  As Campy mentioned, there are also fixed 20 round replacement mags out there, these are legal for installation.  Current best money is the Yugo sks.

If you want a high cap rifle get an SAR-1 for about $350.  I understand however that your parents may have some objection to an AK-47 patterned rifle, therefore you go back to the first suggestion.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
i found an SAR1 at southern ohio guns for just 289.. and these 20 round mags out there, how do i get them installed to fit into an albanian sks if i get one?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top