Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
I would like to know what parts off a standard ak74 would work in building a fake Krink. I'v been looking for info, but can't seem to find it. I have 3, cut barreled bulgy 74 actions from k-var. the barrel was cut to 9 inchs, and they left on the rearsight block minus sights, and the front trunnion. If nothing else, I can sell those 2 parts for more than I paid for them. Anyway, will regular upper and lower handguards look ok for a krink? or did they use a smaller size set for the Krink? what about the gas tube? these barrels have enough room to mount the regular handguards and gas tube, and then I think I could put on the combination front sight and gas block? would that work? then weld an extension on the front for the 16 inch requirement. Is k-var the only place to go for krink type parts? I'v been thinking that instead of the krink stock, which is expensive and hard to find, I could use a chinese underfolder. They are slanted at a downward angle when open, which raises the receiver closer to eye level. What do you think? Is the combination frontsight/gasblock a viable solution to the cutoff barrel?
OJF
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Classic Arms in NC has AK74 Bolt Carriers for $19.95 (Unassembled).......just another piece of the puzzle for you...

KF
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
This deal from K-var would be an even better way to fill things out, IMO:

www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=277&1=281&3=518

I'm actually wondering if those 9" barrel assemblies from K-var are actually useable.  At $9.99 it makes you wonder...

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, this is just me, maybe.....but why don't you just buy a AKS-74U parts kit and have one built and be done with it....insteading of going the route of finding this part and that part, will this part fit. ...seems to me like your trying to go from terra heute to indianapolis by way of the south pole.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Krink kits are $300+.  Theoretically, you could use OJH's plan and build a'krink' for $100 in materials.  Some of us already have krinks, and are looking for the next project..

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
tec-nine hit the nail on the head. the krink kits I'v seen are $399.00; The basis of my krink build is a k-var special; cutdown bulgy barrel w/sight block and trunnion for $9.99, and bulgy bolt & carrier and receiver cover for $29.99, and recoil spring for $19.99. Grand total $60.00 so far. I'v got the fcg; extra's from 2 other builds. I'v got an extra Hesse receiver laying around; I'll order a chinese folding stock from Global trades for $40.00. It looks like my biggest purchase will be a combination gas block/front sight from kvar for $80.00, unless I can get one from somewhere else. I'll spend somewhere around $200.00 for this krink. It won't be authentic, but then, I'm not into that. As long as it works and looks cool.
                     OJF
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#7]
A yugo krink, now that is the stuff! Here are some pics!

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, it's that pic with Bruce Springsteen and Little Steven!  

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]
All of you know that I'm really into Krinkovs.....so when you read the following, it's in no way a "slight" toward anyone or the Krinkov in general....

I like Tec Nine's idea about the "next" project....

How about a "Junkyard Krinkov" ?????  Built from parts picked up from here and there???  I like the looks of the Yugo Krink.....

OJF already has a head start on all of us!!!

KF
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I used my SAR2 to build a "Poor Man's Krinkov".  I didn't buy a kit.  I just started buying parts here and there.  The Krinkov parts that I used are: top cover, part in front of the rear sight (don't know what it's called), handguards, bolt carrier/piston, front sight base, various pins and springs and a non-folding FSE stock.  The gunsmith that put it together used the original barrel and fabricated a fake can.  I also used an Ace pistol grip that copied the FAL grip.  It just feels more comfortable to me.  It's an all black Krinkov. I will post a pic as soon as I borrow a camera.

Except for the trigger slap,  the gun has been awesome.  I need to get a front sight adjusting tool.  The gun shoots low and to the right.  Any suggestion on how to eliminate the trigger slap is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks CB
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top