Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 4:16:19 PM EDT
I called my local FFL dealer and ordered a laminated stocked SAR1. I had a SAR2 in the past with the regular cheapie wood stock and handguard...that thing would leave blisters on my hand from the heat build up! So, would a laminated stock set do a little better in the heat management or do I need to go with a synthetic set from KVAR? I really like the look of the laminated wood and plan to make it look like an early AKM styled rifle. Also, where can I find a laminated wood pistol grip to match the stock set...the plain black plastic one is kinda homely looking! Thanx for the input...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:03:27 PM EDT
I don't think the laminate is any more heat-resistant then hardwood.

Despite that, I prefere the wood look enough that I am willing to bare it. If you plan on really heating it up, wear an oven mit or leather glove.

The way I see it, soldiers and militants the world over have been blasting away with wood-forearmed AKs for decades, so if they can hack it so can we.

As for the laminate grip, you will have to look around for one. They aren;t that common and the Russian ones are pretty expensive at about $50 on average.

The most cost effective way to get one would be to have Russian wood-working ace "Z_Recto" make you one of his excellent copies.

If you are interested in that, I will give you his email addy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:40:07 PM EDT
Would this site help you?
www.globaltrades.com/ak_stocks.html
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 10:37:08 PM EDT
I've got an unfinished Ironwood designs laminate grip I can sell you. E-mail me at jramseur@charter.net
Top Top